Sunday, June 03, 2007

Movin' On Up

We're moving! The fun...has begun! Ha, ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha! (I'm not sure, but I think that is how one would spell out hysterical laughter.) We're fine, really. We just have to figure out how to get everything that is in this house, into that other house. No problem. Especially with all the help we're getting from Anna, the one-armed mover. She keeps the other hand in her pocket, to illustrate just how much she doesn't care about the outcome of this whole process. Larry foiled my plans for an easy move by returning from his working retreat (oxymoron if I ever heard one) before I could manage to get the Salvation Army to show up with a really large truck for all of his junk. Whatever happens, that crap is not going back into my laundry room. Because it's even smaller this time. Bigger house, smaller laundry room, fewer storage closets - get the picture? More space for living, less space for junk. Now that's my kind of house.

The kids are all quite excited, except Anna of course, whose brain is still in some hormone-addled fog. Susie was so excited that she tried to help me paint our new hall closet while I wasn't looking. Serves me right for trying to get something accomplished. I won't attempt that again, that's for sure. Instead, I'll just take the kids to the pool. We had our inaugural 2007 visit yesterday, and being at the pool was just as wonderful as I remembered its being. I mean, until someone's kid (not mine, thank goodness) threw up into the splash pool. But I figure 48 hours will be enough time for things to become decontaminated enough for us to go back. If I'm wrong, everyone here will be throwing up next week while we're trying to move. Let's face it, we're not going to get off easy on this relocation thing. Something is going to happen, it's just a matter of what. At least it won't be chicken pox like last year. Hurricane, maybe? Who knows?

Of course, it doesn't help to have the carpet layers informing me that the outside wall of the basement bedroom is rotted out. So Larry tore out all the dry wall - somehow, it doesn't seem like my dream house with the exposed cinder block and studding. I'm trying not to look until he gets it fixed. Burying my head in the sand is what I do best.

David turns 10 next week, and I'm just praying I don't forget. And that I can find the cake pans in time.

So, if anyone is feeling bored this Wednesday or Thursday or Friday and happens to be in our area, and maybe feels the need for a little exercise, feel free to come on by to help out. Or you could just bring a chair and some snacks and sit and watch the fun. We live to entertain.

No comments:

Post a Comment