Saturday, January 19, 2008

Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me

I've been tagged! Here are 6 inconsequential facts about myself (or a me, me, me meme) (as ordered by Fannie Mae) (Fannie Mae, by the way, is one blogger who knows how infuriating a teenager can be).

That's easy! Everything about me is inconsequential.

1. I always feel as though I am getting away with something because no one is making me get up and go to work in the mornings....I mean, how cool is that?
2. I think Lysol Wipes are the greatest invention since sliced bread.
3. I used to be in the Navy, and I really miss having a uniform. I liked always knowing what to wear.
4. I majored in History in college, and therefore I was completely unemployable when I graduated. In fact, I had one prospective employer call me long-distance (back when such things as "long-distance" mattered) just to tell me that he had received my resume and that history majors were a dime-a-dozen. I don't know why he bothered to do that. Maybe he was having a bad day and needed company.
5. Before I joined the Navy, I thought that everyone who volunteered for the military liked to kill people. But that's not why I joined. I joined because I pictured myself being a cute Navy sailorette like the nurses in Operation Petticoat. Also, I needed a job (because I was unemployable - see #4, above).
6. My favorite line in all of moviedom is near the end of Operation Petticoat. It is "The Japanese have nothing like this!" If you don't know what I am talking about, rent the movie. You'll understand.

Hmmm....who shall I tag? Bloggers already tell each other so much of the minutiae of their daily lives, it's hard to imagine wanting to know more about any of the people I read regularly. But I'll tag MadMad, because that will make her write another post and I love her posts; and Diesel also, in the hopes that Grundir the Implacable will do the job for him; and, let's see....Mrs. Smith, because I'd like to know more about her life before she dragged her 7 kids off to India for 3 years; and mrs. g., of course, because she always cracks me up with her effortless wit.

Holy cr*p, that's only 4. I don't have enough blog friends to pull this off, I'm afraid. Oh, I know, I'll tag Motherwise (because she was the first blogger to "friend" me, before I even knew what the heck that meant - I felt so popular!) and Planet Nomad, a new blog friend, because she seems to live an interesting life (i.e., a life totally unlike mine). Whew! That was hard. And now I have to figure out all those hyperlinks....

Here are The Rules:
  1. Link to the person that tagged you.
  2. Post the rules on your blog
  3. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
  4. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
  5. Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.

I am signing off now - Larry is due back any minute, and I need to be able to give him the impression that I did something this week beside hang out in the blogosphere.

12 comments:

  1. Hiding your blog addiction from your hubby! Oh, I am SO there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you about the uniform. My students have a uniform (which they hate, of course), but some of them have actually told me that they like it because they don't have to think in the morning.

    We teachers get to wear jeans on Fridays, and sometimes for special reasons on Wednesdays. I love those weeks, because then I only have to come up with three professional outfits. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I'm not the only one who jumps up at the sound of the door and picks up a broom. LOL

    Wipes of any kind are genius. Baby wipes, Clorox wipes, Windex wipes... I'm in love with them all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting post about you. I wish I could see a picture of the cute Navy sailorette!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tag. I am also a devotee of the Lysol wipe. I have had to quit buying them since I made my resolution to go green. Now it's a washrag and some nontoxic lavender cleaner. The green clean smells better, but requires way more elbow grease.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where's the picture of you in your Navy best?

    Also, please explain the "friend" thing to me, two people have done this and 1) I don't know who they are and 2) I don't know what they did and 3) I don't know how to be a friend myself. Feeling like I'm the one kid wearing a satin shirt and velvet vest after they were declared passe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Um... yeah now we can bond over "useless" majors (Art History and English) AND teenagers. Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, as you know my husband is Air Force, so one would think that the children might follow in his footsteps...however the oldest has decided on the Coast Guard and the girls are still contemplating which service’s uniform color would go best with their complexion. I am so relieved that I raised girls who have their priorities straight :-)
    And no, my post wasn’t brought on in a rage against your abject love affair with the Clorox wipe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The guy in #4 sounds like a complete jerk but I guess you showed him...reference #1!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE Lysol Wipes, too. I also love Windex wipes. Whoever invented those things was a genius!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all wipes, too, and uniforms. Anything to not have to make yet another decision, you know? Thanks for the tag! I have one right back at ya in a couple of days...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the tag. My life is actually totally boring but I'm glad at least it sounds fun!
    I'll get to this soon. Hopefully, that is (shamefacedly remembering last 2 memes tagged for that never did do...)(sigh)

    ReplyDelete