Friday, November 14, 2008

Accident Avoidance

Larry asked me out on another lunch date this week. As is our wont, we met at a nearby supermarket (where I made sure not to cut in line) and shared a 6-dollar sub and a bag of chips. That Larry, he sure knows how to show a girl a good time, doesn't he?

After a not-so-leisurely lunch, gentleman that he is, Larry offered to walk me to my car. Now, ever since my little parking lot incident last June, I've been careful to park my car far, far away from any other cars. Seeing as how we have to send some kids to college soon, I just can't afford to take any more bumper-scraping risks. Plus, I can use the exercise.

So, we set off. We walked. And we walked. And we walked some more. In fact, we walked so far that Larry finally felt constrained to ask, "By any chance, did you park at home?"

You know, that might have been an even better idea...

12 comments:

  1. At least you didn't lose it did you? I get my exercise walking all over the whole dang parking lot car by car looking for where I left mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love that you guys go out all the time. One day I'll have kids old enough that I can leave them home alone. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. shared sandwich and a long walk -- when we were dating our husbands it was romantic, now it's just practical...

    sounds like you had fun....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha!
    And it's funny what constitutes an awesome date out, now that we're married and stuff. Hanging out eating subs in the supermarket sounds nifty to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes I forget where I park and I have to set off the panic alarm to find it. My kids are getting big enough to A) be embarassed by this and B) remember where I parked so as to avoid A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Out without kids is out without kids--it doesn't matter where it happens, it just matters that it happens.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can always find my van in a parking lot. 15 passenger victory red Chevy vans are not very common. :)

    Date? We go out a few times a year, once to my companies winter event, once to hubbies Christmas party.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I lost my car on my first date with my then-future-wife. I remember telling her "You'd better get used to this if you plan on hanging out with me."

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so dang funny that he asked that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This has nothing to do with the original post. It's to answer your question over at the Matron's.

    http://www.religionfacts.com/buddhism/things/begging_bowl.htm

    Also, a touching, lovely story here:

    http://www.buddhistchannel.tv/index.php?id=6,3740,0,0,1,0

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi I just found your blog...i've enjoyed reading it especially the posts on the election. I am purple too, and boy was it lonely in my red state!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was over on Sue's blog and wanted to let you know I LOVE Bob and Larry too.

    ReplyDelete