Monday, April 06, 2009

Goofing Off

Larry had me cosign the final papers for the car loan this morning. "Why do I have to sign them?" I asked. "Isn't your signature enough?"

"Hey," he said, "I'm not going to be on the hook for this alone, you know."

Now, why do I feel worried? And isn't it better if only one of us goes to jail?

**********************

Larry and I are spending a cozy (and cheap) evening listening to the Capitol Steps April Fool's Day radio special. If you've never heard one of their shows before, you are missing a treat. I think my favorite was 2 New Year's Eves ago, when they had the 4 liberal Supreme Court Justices dancing around singing "Staying Alive."

Look! I found it on YouTube:



There are a lot of other ones to watch too. Why not? Sure beats working...

8 comments:

  1. I'm not quite sure how to respond to that one. Being a performer myself, I would say that they need some work---maybe more rehearsal?

    Heh, heh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They aren't strict professionals - I think the group started as a bunch of government workers who did this sort of thing on the side. It's supposed to look sort of goofy and thrown together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I had lunch with one of the Capitol Steps cast members on Sunday! What a coincidence! He is in a show with my sister and we all went out afterwards.
    I think those shows are hysterical.
    In response to Shawn...they are inclined to appear like Saturday Night Live comedians.
    So funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those guys!! hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i see dead people....that's a great line for everything, including the toilet paper incident in the super market!

    franzi

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's pretty goofy stuff;)
    I had to laugh about the co-signing. We had a similar discussion about a business venture--I'm on the hook for WHAT???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Between you & Mary Alice, I am cracking up today!

    ReplyDelete