Thursday, September 30, 2010

Rainy Day Fun?

A little I Love Lucy, some panini grill action, a couple of games of Chutes and Ladders...that's how we stumbled through our day today.  Because it rained.  And then it rained some more.  And then?  It poured

Everything is soggy.  The newspaper's limp.  Book covers are curling.  And yet, the precipitation continues.

I managed to escape the house this evening, which explains why  I'm sitting damply in Starbuck's, watching the barista make out with some guy at one of the tables.  Now THAT's service.

That's it for today, folks.  Water on the brain, and all that...

12 comments:

  1. *blink* Oi vey. Here's to a better tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need the rain, but it would have been nicer to have it spread out over the entire year, not all at once. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucy is good for the soul. So is coffee. I'm not much on the public make out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the weather Gods are messing with us. It was 75 and sunny in SEATTLE today. Weird.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you mean YOU played Chutes and Ladders? I am so in awe. I can't even look at the box without falling asleep.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here, too. But we needed it soooo badly.

    Today's supposed to be sunny which is a relief. I can only take so much soggy darkness before my spirits plummet.

    (Am putting I Love Lucy on my library list.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Julia - I didn't say it was easy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She give you the same service? I'd complain to the management if she didn't at least OFFER to kiss you passionately on a rainy night...
    We never tire of Chutes & Ladders here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 3-1/2 inches at my house yesterday, but Chutes and Ladders stayed safely on the basement shelf. We watched the 3rd Harry Potter movie instead (a treat for the 5th grader who finished the book).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rain? What is this "rain" whereof you speak?

    ReplyDelete
  11. We could use the rain. my lawn is a disgrace, and I just can't get around to having the irrigation dude out to fix it.

    There's something so cozy about seeing how nasty it is out and knowing we don't have to go. Mmm.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know, I just don't understand this. I'm so confused; I think this must be a result of global warming for sure.

    Either that or weather patterns.

    ReplyDelete