Tuesday, September 11, 2012

9/11

I'm thinking of rechristening this day as "Hug Your Spouse Morning."  Is there anyone who doesn't take an extra minute on 11 September to say good-bye to his/her better half before heading out to work? 




And here I thought, 11 years on, that I might not even bother to blog about it today.  After all, what is there to say that hasn't already been said?  But it's a Tuesday, just as it was 11 years ago.  And it is a perfect fall day - perfect - just like then.  Tell me, how can such a beautiful blue sky feel so ominous?




So I couldn't let Larry walk out that door without asking him to take care of himself today.  And I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only spouse doing that this morning.



[Twin Towers Memorial: Sustainable Flatbush]
[Pentagon Memorial: MLA Penn Design]

5 comments:

  1. I wasn't planning to blog about it either, but there really is something about such a perfect, blue day that brings that memory home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I especially remember the blue and bright sky that day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely! the perfectly blue sky takes us all back to that day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful morning, and a Tuesday... how could you not blog it? And really, there is a part of me that thinks, "Never forget. Always remember." Not about the terrorists, or our terror, or our horror. But for the families who lost loved ones, the friends who can't call anymore. For them.

    Plus it's my kid's birthday, and he was 9 years old when it happened. Such an impressionable age, yet he understood enough to know it wouldn't be right to have a birthday party on the first anniversary.

    Seeing that photo of the Pentagon memorial after dark makes we wish I'd stayed to see it lit up when we visited there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're a good wife taking stock of your blessings that way.

    ReplyDelete