Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Those Darn Seasons, Going Round And Round Again

It's late and I need to go to bed, but I am just here to invite you to look over at that "About Me" paragraph to the right (left? no, right - I had to pick up both my hands and stare at them to figure that out, you know).  Notice anything?

They're all double digits.  All the kids.  Susie had a birthday while I was away, so I didn't get around to changing her age until just now.  When I started this blog, only 2 of the 6 were over age 10.  And David?  Look again - he's turning 18 any minute now.

They all used to be babies, you know.  I spent half an hour in the card aisle at Target this evening, looking for an appropriate card for David; but there was nothing that said, "You used to be the cutest baby and now you're all grown up and I have no idea how that happened.  NO IDEA."

In other news, we picked strawberries and made 2 batches of jam today.  Everything is sticky.  There are still strawberries left. No, I don't know what we are going to do with them. I did have a picture to show you, but it seems Brian inadvertently made his photo editing program the default for downloading pictures on to this computer, and I have no idea how to use it or how to get the photo to show up elsewhere.

On the bright side, he does seem to have developed some rather advanced image editing skills.

Well, there's always tomorrow.  Sometime between the dentist and the cake baking and the gift-wrapping, I'll be back, hopefully with pictures...

4 comments:

  1. No matter how hard you try, those darn kids just keep growing up, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, I have suggestions.
    1. Strawberry shortcake. (Mmmm....)
    2. To find where your photos have gone.
    a)Open the photo-editing program
    b)Open a recent file
    c)Select 'Save file as' and look at where it was going to put the file- that's likely where the files are stored, and you can either find yours and move them elsewhere or direct your photo uploader to find them at the new location.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strawberries on toast, with cream poured over the top. (It was my mom's favorite special breakfast.)
    I just brought my 19yo home from his first year of college. He grew a beard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just eat the strawberries - better yet, tell the kids they're for some event and "don't eat them". That always seems to work in my house.

    Yes, the kids keep growing - my 13 yr old is suddenly almost as tall as I am (I'm almost 6 ft, so that's saying something). We're starting to look ahead to our post-children years. It's kind of cool to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete