Friday, April 08, 2016

How To Waste Time And Piss Off People

Don't you hate when you discover a new calendar app that promises to make your days more efficient, and then you waste an entire morning figuring out how to enter things in it and how to make a priority to-do list?

Never happens to you? Well, uh, me neither. Just a hypothetical question, really. Asking for a friend, and all that...

Then I got on here to blog and of course had to check a few other blogs first (really, blogging is the 21st-century version of the coffee klatsch, people) and somehow ended up on YouTube, grooving to Joe Jackson's "Happy Loving Couples." It is a wonder my children ever get fed, actually.

It's a great song, though. Here, waste your time like I did - I'll feel better:





In other news, my fiendishly fit friend convinced me to once again sign up for the local Tour de Cure bike ride. Considering that the event is at the beginning of June and here it is April and still not biking weather outside, I am going to be as fabulously unfit for this ride as I have been the past 2 years.

The only thing I've got going for myself this year is that I had my handlebars adjusted so the top half of my body is no longer heading downhill when I sit on my bike. While that posture was an excellent arm strengthener, it always made me feel as though I were about 5 seconds away from catastrophic death. The adjustment also means I can actually reach the brakes with more than the tippy tops of my fingers. Being able to stop when needed is a real plus.

Of course, my fit friend went out and bought herself a bicycle that has those fancy pedals you clip your shoes to. So, yeah, I'm not going to be able to keep up - not in the least. The best I can hope for is I won't have a repeat of the first year, when an entire team of bicyclists began yelling at me because I didn't start pedaling quickly enough at a road crossing.

Friendly. Real friendly. But what could I expect from a group that had the name "Chain Gang" emblazoned across their biking jerseys? I'm lucky they let me live.


6 comments:

  1. You are braver than I am!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so old that I've purchased three Joe Jackson albums. New. (Not this one, though.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on the bike ride. Maybe it will be warmer than sub-zero by the time the event happens.

    I have resisted putting my calendar on my ipad calendar app for just that reason - I would spend way too much time fiddling around with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Google Calendar (probably because I don't have an i-anything) but I've been known to waste time trying to get events from other strange-to-me calendars to sync with my GC. The school website calendar is offered up as my first piece of evidence (never works).

    Good luck with that ride!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joe Jackson!

    ReplyDelete