Thursday, December 25, 2008

And To All A Good Night...

Wouldn't you know - the person with the winning gift suggestion for Larry was the one anonymous commenter? Step right up to receive recognition, whoever you are - a movie gift card for the two of us was a great idea. Perhaps, from reading this blog, you realized that the last time Larry and I went to the movies together was, oh, 2 years ago?

Anyway, when Larry opened his 25-dollar gift card, he said, "That's great! I can go twice!" What a joker that guy is! I think he was joking, anyway...

It's hard to believe, but our kids let us sleep in until 7:30 today. It almost made me feel bad for letting the teens hide all the little ones' presents last night. Almost...after all, it made for a relaxing morning for the adults while the children searched for their gifts. Thanks to Octamom (I think) for the suggestion.

Of course, we paid for it by this evening when Brian realized that some of his gifts were still missing. He is sobbing upstairs in his bed right now, as a matter of fact. It's just not a holiday without somebody crying, right?

We watched "It's A Wonderful Life" this afternoon and ate carbs all day. What more could one ask? Tomorrow, unfortunately, will be a bit more hectic. I need to make about 90 latkes for the Chanukah party we're hosting in the evening. I don't even know yet if that is a physical possibility. Then we get to play Botulism Roulette with the homemade applesauce again. I'm telling you, the fun never stops...

11 comments:

  1. Watch out for the applesauce! Of course, you could just be like us and blame it on the flu....

    Happy partying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My two children are asleep. The three year old is suffering from a sugar and carb overload from today. I am finally able to stop cleaning up toys and installing batteries and I am cruising around my Google Reader subscription recommendations. And then there you are! You are funny and real and for that, I thank you. Happy Hanukkah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a gift card from work the other day and yesterday I searched a bunch of stores for that movie, and it was sold out everywhere! I guess the time to buy the DVD of "It's a Wonderful Life" is NOT Christmas Eve. I'll find it though. :)

    Wishing you luck in your game of Botulism Roulette...there's one you don't want to lose, right? Hope your day was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I proposed the scavenger hunt idea to Devildog but we decided that would be an adventure for another dwelling, as this one is poorly suited for such an idea at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad I didn't know about Botulism Roullette when I hate homemade applesauce at a friend's last week.

    No wonder you're tired--if you told me I had to have a party the day after I put on Christmas, I would definitely cry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The romance is just flying around your house! I can't remember the last time we went to a movie together, either.

    Falalalala.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Umm. The last movie we saw together? I think it was "The Family Stone", and I cried for three days. Before that, I think it was "Shakespeare in Love". ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A party the day after christmas? Are you for real? Real amazing, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You got to sleep in to 7:30?

    Lucky.

    My DH woke me up at 6:00 and said the kids had been up twice already so we should probably just get up.

    Next year I'm hiding everybody's presents.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We did have some crying by last evening, so we met the criteria for a typical holiday!

    Hope your party went well this evening!

    ReplyDelete