Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Dream Weaver

Last night I dreamed that Larry moved all of us to Central America for a few years. To some small, nowhere town in the mountains (Are there mountains in Central America? Must check), where no one knew any English. And we don't speak Spanish. I expressed some trepidation over this situation and he said, "Don't worry, honey. The language immersion will be great for the kids."

Only a homeschooler would dream that.

Anyway, the day after we moved to this strange place where we couldn't communicate with anyone, he went on a 3-week business trip.

But he left us presents. I got a kit full of hand- and ankle-weights.

So maybe he thinks I need more exercise and that I talk to my friends too much. But I do think he should keep those thoughts to his own dreams and stop interfering in mine, don't you?



Boy, that picture looks weird. Was everyone on drugs in the 70's, or what?

15 comments:

  1. Yes, everyone was on drugs in the 70's.

    Thank you for the laugh. I needed one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday someone from Highlights Magazine called and tried to get me to buy some puzzle thing for younger kids. I told her I wasn't interested. She said, But it gets the younger kids excited for learning! I told her we're homeschoolers, my kids are already excited about learning. Nothing to do with your post except for the homeschooling part.

    Did you research the local fibers in your dream? My husband traveled to South America and brought me NO YARN. Hello, alpacas? Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hummmm you don’t understand those people you are surrounded by? They don’t understand you? You are speaking different languages? There is a lot of deep stuff there Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought my daughter a dream book a few years ago where you look up the things in your dream and it helps you analyze it. Maybe I should dig that up and send it to you...lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, were there any mice in this place you went to?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I have that song stuck in my head. Thanks. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm laughing at the fetching shade of eye shadow on the guy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too funny. I think you need to be alone for a while. That's my read.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I looooooved that song! And, no not all of us were on drugs, but enough that you'd notice. ;)

    I get tired just thinking about language immersion! Talking to my kids is enough effort.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The only drug I was on was Pop Rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Como estas? I think that's all you need to know.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you're not moving to Central America. Although some good blog topics would have come out of it for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was going to analyze this...but, yikes.

    Hand weights? Ankle weights? Language immersion? Central America?

    Sounds like a secret op to me...

    ReplyDelete
  14. We weren't all on drugs, but those who were certainly made things interesting! LOL!

    As far as your dreams go, they sound a lot like my nightly weirdness. I bet you have abnormally high alpha wave activity, too. Wish I had a way of shutting it off so I coudl actually get some good, restful sleep more often! However, the dreams wold make for good blogging! Hadn't thought of using them that way. But now I will! LOL! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, I think they were, and did you have any Nyquil before having that dream? Next time dream you take me along to interpret and yes, there are mountains :).

    ReplyDelete