Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Really!?!


With apologies to SNL, here's my take (only, um, not as funny) on "Really!?! with Seth and Amy":

Anna, really? You've been cleaning up the kitchen since you were 8 or 9, and you thought it was okay to leave the unwrapped sliced French bread out on the cutting board? Really? And that canned pineapple juice mess spilled on the counter? That's okay, too? Really? You know, the part that is really sticky? That just didn't need any attention? Really?

David, we always run the dishwasher after lunch. But tonight you just assumed that that full, clean dishwasher was full of dirty dishes? Really? And then you thought it was okay to sort of pile most of the dirty dinner dishes in on top of them? Really? And leave the rest in the sink for me to do later, or tomorrow? Do I ever look happy in the morning facing a sink full of dirty dishes? Really? Does anyone around here remember that Christmas is coming? Does anyone recognize that statement as a veiled threat? Really!

Larry, really? 3 hours spent on the main floor of the house this evening, and you never noticed the mess in the kitchen? Really? You didn't grab a drink of water, or set up your coffee pot for the morning? Maybe you were too busy looking at things like this on the Internet? Just for your info, I don't think I'd look good in those. Really. And then you're puzzled why I didn't get back to bed until after midnight? Really? Maybe you think I like to do dishes at 11 PM? Are you just trying to make me happy? Really?!

Suburban Correspondent, did you really think you would get away with falling asleep early? Really? After all these years, did you really assume that everything would be okay in that kitchen? Was the evening nap worth it? Really?


Thanks. Just had to get that off my chest. Really.

16 comments:

  1. My heard would have exploded and then theirs would have rolled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? Your kids are as lazy and clueless as mine? Well that cheers me up no end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exact. Same. Things. happen here on a regular basis. However, last night my beloved husband let me take an evening nap and cleaned up the kitchen - put away the leftovers (one piece of cornbread) and started the dishwasher. When he woke me up to go to bed, all I had to do was a few quick hand-dishes, wipe down counters, and set the coffee pot.
    It's rare, trust me. I'm feeling blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny, really I mean it, you are funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, yeah, that sketch has made an appearance over my way too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I try not to even look in my kitchen. If someone chooses to do any type of cleaning in there, I'm happy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's almost like we're living in some sort of parallel universe.


    REALLY!


    Excuse me, I need to go clean the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. and could you be more creative? Really?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Every bit as funny as Seth and Amy and whoo sister, I am so there. And may I say - you have the best links. Ever.

    I can't complain too much though because my husband did do the dishes last night while I gave our oldest son the birds and bees talk. He muttered at me and took my name in vain many, MANY times during the kitchen cleaning process. But I've learned to ignore all that and just say, "Wow! Thanks for cleaning the kitchen!"

    Is it bad that I'm really not caring that he's peeved at me so long as the kitchen gets cleaned and I'm not the one doing it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I like this game. I think I'll play it in my head for the rest of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man. Amen to what Jenn said.

    ReplyDelete
  12. And people ask us, "Why didn't you guys ever have more kids?"

    Us - "Really!?!"

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tell it, sister!

    (And oh goodness. That link. Clap your hands and your lingerie falls off? Dude, doing the DISHES for your wife is what's sexy.)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hubby makes sure the kids do the dishes, put away the leftovers, sweep the floors and wash ofs the table after dinner. If I come home to a mess after work (I get home at midnight), I'm not happy. If mom isn't happy, nobody will be unhappy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really, you should have gotten them all out of bed and made them help! Really??

    ReplyDelete