Thursday, December 18, 2008

Stealing Sucks

Dear Not-Nice Person Who Took My Stuff,

If you are starving, or if you have kids who otherwise will not receive any Christmas presents, I have nothing against your Ebaying the contents of the bag you found on a mall bench last night.

Otherwise, however, you are a true lowlife. There was a Lands End return slip in that bag - you could have taken it over to Sears (as my daughter was about to do for me) and turned it in. Or you could have brought it to the mall management office. That's what I would have done. You know why I would have done that? Because the stuff in the bag wouldn't have been mine. Yeah. You took someone else's stuff. As in, it's not yours.

Maybe you just happen to be a size 6 (petite) and decided you'd like to wear the clothes yourself. Well, be forewarned: when you bend over in those pants, people can see your butt. I hope everyone sees your butt and laughs at you. Yeah. And those white blouses (2 different sizes) that I ordered for my daughter to try for her orchestra performance and that she didn't like (not that she likes anything I pick out)? I hope the first time you wear them, you spill stuff on them that stains and doesn't come off.

Why? Because those clothes aren't yours, that's why. They were mine, and I was about to return them and be refunded my money. Money that I've been working hard for, thanks. Somehow, when I took that job at the bookstore, I didn't think I'd be spending all the money I earned the first 2 weeks to clothe a perfect stranger. I mean, I believe in tithing and all; just not 100 percent, all right?

Forget the job - I think I'll just cruise the mall and take other people's stuff. Why work?

30 comments:

  1. This reminds me of the time someone broke into my husband's trunk and stole all the Christmas gifts for our toddlers. Really? You're going to give stolen gifts to babies?

    I'm sorry this happened to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crum. I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is horrible!
    I hope that person learns Karma is a BITCH! Especially at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really awful, especially this time of year. It only takes one creep to give the rest of us a serious case of cynical.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just wishing I was a size 6 petite.

    But I'm also really sorry someone stole your bag...that's all kinds of rude.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, that sucks, hope they are wearing their nasty undies when they wear the pants that show their bum.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some people have a hard time remembering that not everything belongs to them.
    Low-life doesn't even begin to describe it. So sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yuck. So sorry this happened.

    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kharma is a wonderful thing....
    I wonder how it will come back and bite their bum?
    .....one thing is for sure....it will!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so sorry.

    Once someone stole my daughter's scriptures at church! I kept telling myself that my daughter just lost them and that it was a coincidence another young lady had the same scripture case. A few weeks later I learned the same young lady had been caught with several items belonging to others, including wallets and a BlackBerry!

    Stealing does suck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sucks! I'm so sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope they get frost bite on their butt crack, while they are wearing your low rider jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That does suck. I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That DOES sucketh mightily!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh man, How sucktastic is that?

    ReplyDelete
  16. When I was 12 I spent a weekend selling some earrings I made at a craft sale so I could earn money for Christmas. I earned $12. Then I went to the mall to see what I could get with it, and it was stolen.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That sucks. What is wrong with people? Is it the economy? We had someone try to break into our home 2 months ago--WHILE WE WERE HOME, lights on, everything. Are people insane?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh man. That bites. Around here there's some lady stealing the Salvation Army kettles. Tis the season.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Our mini-van was stolen twice and we got it back both times.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's too bad. I hope it was a very small very needy person.

    Did you ever see the episode of Dragnet where the Baby Jesus is stolen from the manger and it turns out a little boy who asked for a wagon for Christmas got the wagon and took Baby Jesus for a ride as he had promised he would? Sgt. Friday was very upset when Baby Jesus was gone. Then when Baby Jesus came back in the wagon, Sgt. Friday felt like a goof.

    It was all very touching.

    Maybe the Baby Jesus is wearing your clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Mean people are stupid. Hate them. Jerks.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've got nothing good to say.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Now, THAT is crummy! I hope maybe you bought that stuff with a card that has some kind of insurance on your purchases, because if you did, maybe you can get some of that hard earned cash back. I'd check into it. UGH! That makes me sick!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your title says it all. So sorry - it happened once to me at the mall and really made me peeved. A lot. I feel you!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I agree with everyone else- that really sucked. Sorry it happened to you. :(

    ReplyDelete
  26. You are so kind to clothe a perfect stranger. Just the Christmas spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  27. That's happened to me too, I think to most of us. To calm myself down I always say, "They must have needed it more than me,"

    HELLO ARE U LISTENING PARKING VALETS IN L.A.??????????

    ReplyDelete