Monday, September 24, 2012

Mostly Mozart

Okay! Larry has returned, bearing truly marvelous chocolate; I fixed the broken toilet all by myself (meaning, I waited 2 days and then tried flushing it again and nothing bad happened); and no bats got into the house while Larry was gone.

I call that a win-win-win, don't you?

These chocolates are awesome; but, not being conversant in German, I don't know what's in them.  Tastes like marzipan plus some sort of liqueur plus something else...maybe I'll bring the box to the girls' art teacher and have her translate it for me.

Or maybe not, because then I would have to share...

15 comments:

  1. Type the words into Google Translate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tomorrow is my birthday. I asked for chocolate. I better get chocolate. Or else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's probably essence of Salieri.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait until the box is empty! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those! Don't know what's in them either, but one of my violin students brought one back for me from Austria and it was delicious. (Jealous you have so many!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had that chocolate before and it is divine. DO NO SHARE WITH ANYONE. They're not worth it. ;-)

    I looked up the ingredients to see if I could translate them for you, but I didn't need to: http://www.mozartkugel.at/mozartkugel/page?siteid=mozartkugel-prd&locale=aten1&PagecRef=187

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's totally how I fixed my dryer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. calamitysandraSeptember 25, 2012

    Mozart Kugeln are made with marzipan, pistachio marzipan, light and dark hazelnut nougat, and dark chocolate. No liquor involved.

    ReplyDelete
  9. no, they're all yours ... you deserve them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. NOM NOM NOM... I adore those sorts of chocolates. They are dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oop, people beat me to the translation. Yep, marzipan and pistachio. You see them EVERYWHERE in Salzsburg. And they are wayyyy yummy. Now I want to go back there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love them. We just call them Mozart Chocolates! Now I have a craving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that beats what one of my friends calls them. I handed her one as she walked in the door the other day and her eyes lit up. "Mozart balls!" she exclaimed.

      Delete
  13. Hide the chocolate.
    "Mozart balls." That slayed me.

    ReplyDelete