Sunday, September 25, 2016

Online Shopping Run Amok

I'm not going to make excuses for not showing up here lately, because there are none. My muse, it just up and left. She didn't even say good-bye. Oh, well...

Larry keeps threatening to tear out the basement walls, but he doesn't because there is all this STUFF down there and I'm thinking he's not sure what to do with it. I went so far as to have someone in to give me a quote on redoing the 2 bathrooms we have to fix, but then I never heard back from him. I take that as a sign from above that the 5 of us should simply continue sharing the one shower here that actually works.

This weekend I went to yoga (twice), took Susie to a local fiber festival (meh), and managed a trip to the commissary to stock up on everything cheap. Except toilet paper, of course - I've got that covered.

The Holy Grail

You see, while I wasn't blogging in September, I was spending money online. In a desperate attempt to lessen the amount I spend monthly on the girls' favorite hair conditioner, I scoured the Internet, where I discovered Jet.com. Not only did it have lower prices, but it offered 15% off my first 3 orders and free shipping. All of which explains why we have, oh, 4 gallons of Garnier Sleek and Shine, 4 55-oz bottles of my favorite liquid soap, and (drum roll please) 82 rolls of Scott single-ply 1000-sheet toilet paper in our house right now.


I've got to hand it to Larry - he came home to 3 27-packs of toilet paper stacked in our bedroom and he never said anything. Not one word. 

The latest in master bedroom decor

This isn't a plug for Jet.com, by the way - some of the prices are good, some aren't. But at least I get a month off from looking for sales on conditioner, right?




8 comments:

  1. I've been buying compression stockings online this weekend (I know, party at my house on a Friday night!) so your purchases seem more interesting to me than my own. There's a lot to be said for a good conditioner and a husband who doesn't mind the evidence of stocking up on a sale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to be able to purchase bulk hair products for my daughter. Unfortunately, in just the last two days, she has discovered three (yes, THREE!) new shampoos she wants to try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't even want to know what a fiber festival is. And I didn't even know a person could buy toilet paper online. But then, I buy cat litter online for my aunt, so I guess that's kind of the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man. I know from stocking up! We rotate close to a year's supply of everything basic, which is nice because we never run out of the necessities, but if you saw my basement you might have a heart attack.

    ReplyDelete
  5. O Mice! O Mouse! O Muse! Have they all run away? Through a two-way looking-glass?
    Fill the basement with on-line-sourced toilet paper to prevent further home improvement projects down there.
    My over-purchase of hair products relates to a much smaller quantity: if I have little enough shampoo left that I buy a new bottle, and then I get a haircut and thereby cut my consumption to a bare minimum (bald minimum), my old shampoo bottle will last forever -Zeno's paradox in shampoo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a lotta product, lady!
    Maybe you need one of those portable storage pods if Larry keeps up his renovating shenanigans...

    ReplyDelete
  7. A family of eight needs a heck of a lot of toilet paper, so well done! There was just a story about Jet.com on NPR, but I can't remember what they were saying. I think they were bought by someone else - walmart, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  8. erin@mail.postmanllc.net

    ReplyDelete