Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Shameless Begging And Other Blogging Hazards

Scribbit is having its monthly Write-Away contest, and the subject is "Going Places." If you are interested in participating, head on over to this post with the entry instructions. Scribbit happens to be one of those bloggers that Sue is insanely jealous of, with companies fairly knocking down her door and falling all over themselves in an effort to give her free products to review. Gourmet popcorn, immersion blenders, you name it - Scribbit finds them on her doorstep. Most recently, she reviewed her free Sony e-reader and gave it a thumbs-up.

Do you hear that, Amazon? How about sending a Kindle this way? I'll write a glowing report that will leave that Sony e-reader in the dust, so to speak. And I promise, the word "vomit" will appear nowhere in the review.

I wouldn't mind some of that gourmet popcorn, either.

Not to alarm anyone, but I have incurred a blogging injury. I sat down at the computer before doing my yoga this morning and managed to pull a muscle in my neck simply by turning my head. My morning yoga routine takes a mere 5 minutes, so don't be too impressed at my regular exercise habits. But, if today is any indication, it does seem that those 5 minutes are all that stand between me and partial paralysis.

Are there personal trainers that specialize in keeping mommy bloggers limber enough for cruising the blogosphere? I think that's what I need. Especially if he is good-looking and does neck massages...

I'm staying up late tonight; if I go to bed, morning will come faster and then it will be time for my endodontist appointment. I wish I had a good movie to watch...

21 comments:

  1. Good luck at the dentist! Be brave. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. See? And Sue worries about blood clots when she sits at the computer too long. Little does she know there are more imminent risks- like partial paralysis- to consider. All it takes is one poorly planned twist of the head and BAM! Sue can take her aspirin, you'll have more fun with that hunky personal trainer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont even want to do 5 minutes so way to go to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe you could postpone that potentially unpleasant dental appointment due to your neck injury? It can't be good to sit in the chair and let that stiffen up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the dentist -- ask for the drugs. all the drugs they have in the building. get them all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope things go well. I'll be thinking of you today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I have the WORST blogging posture on the planet. I sit on my sofa, with a lap desk, laptop on it - with me scrunched over it. I might as well toss my calcium and let the hunchback have a hey day. It's over for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry about your injury. Blogging is hard core.

    ReplyDelete
  9. AnonymousJune 04, 2008

    Yeah, well I can beat that injury (or my husband can). He pulled the sh*t out of his lower back.....wiping his butt!

    Hope your neck feels better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, blogging injuries are difficult!

    A good friend of mine was told by her horseback riding instructor to get a "sports bra", because she kept messing with her bra straps while riding. The first week she had it, she had to cancel her lesson because she wrenched her back trying to put the darn bra on!
    Blessings, EJT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, I totally strained my eye blogging (or possibly knitting) last night! We can be non-exercise-induced-injury pals!

    Hope it went well at the endodontist! Here's a smile to help yours feel better : D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Endodontist. Ugh. I feel your pain. Did you see Atonement? It's good for a movie night.

    Sorry about your injury. It sounds grave, and I hope a cute personal trainer knocks on your door and helps you mend...

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  13. AnonymousJune 04, 2008

    I have my monitor angled on my desk. I'm just surprised I haven't sprained anything yet.
    Feel better. Warm, wet compresses.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My blogging injury is a sore right elbow from where rests on the arm of my chair while I click. Your injury is worse, though.

    If I could, I would send a hot massage therapist your way. After he was finished here of course.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I so want someone to send me free stuff to review!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That happened to me about 6 weeks ago--I hadn't connected it to blogging.

    I can tell you that I do not advise a muscle relaxant in the middle of the day. Too much relaxaton can be a little scary!

    ReplyDelete
  17. My best wishes with the endodontist and don't forget to get some really good drugs!!! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  18. For what it's worth, if I were Amazon, I'd send you a kindle. I'd give me one too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I too would like free stuff. (Just in case your plea for stuff garners the attention of free stuff givers.)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am also insanely jealous of Scribbit, but then I will never be able to run such a professional blog, so I guess I don't deserve any gormet popcorn. =(

    I have a blogging injury, I call it blogger's butt. For some reason, on the days I blog too much, my butt hurts.

    ReplyDelete
  21. AnonymousJune 06, 2008

    I think I have managed to stretch out my achilles tendon because of the way I sitting while on the computer blogging. But risks must be taken. Sacrifices must be made!

    BTW, you should get a therapeutic foam contour pillow for your neck. They're a bit pricey - $50 at target - but they are magic!

    ReplyDelete