Monday, September 20, 2010

Varied And Sundry


Image credit: San Benito County Website

Yesterday, I took a walk on the wild side and deleted 3453 emails without even looking at them first.  Yup, just threw caution to the winds and emptied the ol' inbox.  I might regret it by next week, but it sure felt good at the time.

 

Now if only there were a "delete" button I could push to empty the old food out of the fridge...


*******************

 

Susie begged me to let her wash dishes today.   There's a sucker born every minute, eh?


**********

Larry threw his back out rebuilding our front walk a couple of weeks ago and he is still limping around.  He tried to justify his premature decrepitude by telling me that one of our neighbors has a sore back, too.  Ever the supportive spouse, I didn't hesitate to point out to him that the gentleman in question is 15 years older than Larry is.  

 

Maybe I'll buy Larry an "Old Fart" baseball cap for his 43rd birthday.  Only, then he would wear the darn thing, just to annoy me.  Forget it.

[Image credit: Whatever I Think]


8 comments:

  1. My dh forbids me to talk about the times he throws out his back. The one time I actually witnessed it happening, he was putting on a shoe (or was it a sock?) so I know it's not really his fault. I blame heredity. (Also, this is writing and doesn't count as talking.)

    So... those e-mail messages... were they recent or as old as some of my 2,604 unread messages?

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the first time ever, my husband started to do a job and ended up hiring someone else to do it. His reason--it wasn't worth hurting my back. This happened just days after his 49th birthday--and I was impressed that he's finally matured to that point!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The delete button. I've never regretted that option.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I realize that it was probably quite refreshing to delete all of those emails, however, you might have deleted something important.
    Seriously, you never know when a Nigerian prince will contact you and want to give you large sums of money.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heal well Larry! (I've got a spare cane for you.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a follower and I look forward to your updated posts.

    I have given you the Versatile Blogger Award and would love for you to come by and pick it up when you have time. Here is the direct link: http://blumerlamotte.blogspot.com/2010/09/versatile-blogger-award.html

    Have a wonderful evening!

    Annie at Maximum Chaos: www.blumerlamotte.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, so can't wait to see the new walkway! We'll be where you are in mid october for a long weekend....

    ReplyDelete
  8. thought you might enjoy this--hahahaha
    http://frugalmomx3.blogspot.com/2010/09/how-i-clean-my-fridge-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete