Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Sick Bay

I've been fighting off a cold since Thursday evening and was pretty proud of myself for getting through the Rhinebeck weekend moderately healthy. Susie texted me on Saturday, saying she was sick, and I thanked my lucky stars that I had gotten away before whatever virus was stalking my house could lay me low. Good planning, right?

Anywhoo, that darn virus lay in wait and finally got me. Despite my sucking on Zicam tablets for 5 days straight and eating healthy and exercising, it got me. My throat hurts, I'm sneezing, I'm pissed off because I hate being sick. Also, I HAVE THINGS TO DO other than lie around and whine.

Sick day activities
All those things will have to wait, alas. In the meantime, I'm trying to be sensible by using this down time to knit and read and generally relax.

I'm not good at relaxing, actually.

So I also vacuumed and put the finishing touches on Brian's high school transcript and made matzo balls for the chicken broth I serendipitously had hanging around. Then I went out to Knit Night because I was tired of being cooped up in the house.

As you can see from the picture, I'm trying to read some intelligent material. I figure I might still have a chance to salvage any brain cells of mine that haven't already been killed off by Facebook and Twitter. In fact I'm more than halfway through my book, and it is chock full of big words and complex concepts. And that magazine actually has paragraphs that run longer than 3 sentences!

But you know what? I still prefer Twitter, because it's funnier. Humor IS the best medicine, you know...

6 comments:

  1. Yes it is. Humor I I mean. I can't believe you got sick again. So not fair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that a book you'd recommend to others? Why or why not?
    I had a sneezing fit today... I've been working extra hours trying to get everything ready so I can leave town for a week. Now I have to think about packing cough drops for the flight to Arizona on Friday. *sniff* Can I blame you for catching a cold?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a GREAT book. A bit of a slog, in parts, because it's written by an academic (I was hoping for more stories about actual slaves and fewer statistics), but I've really learned a lot.

      Delete
  3. Laughter is the best medicine?
    Or are you worried about the trademark attorneys?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaagh, no, I remembered it wrong! See above re killed brain cells....

      Delete