Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Simon Says

Wow!  I got 2 spam comments today!  That's never happened before.  I feel like a big-time blogger now.

I spent the day enjoying this tour d'esprit on workplace interactions -it gets funnier each time I read it (and yes, I know I am risking the Cheers syndrome here, but I don't care).  I'll even go out on a limb and say that, if you don't find it funny, you are simply dead inside.

Look, if you don't click, you won't know what I'm talking about.  It's worth it, I promise.  Skip voting for me, if you must; but  click on the link to read "10 Formal Complaints" and learn why it's important to have a sense of humor.

6 comments:

  1. OK, I just read the "10 formal complaints" I found it particularly funny because it reminded me of some of the stuff that went on in the office I used to work at (full of graphic designers)
    Pranks were directed mostly at a supervisor who didn't always get what was going on, however, one of the designers quit working with us to become a real estate agent, and sent each of us a business card with his photo on it. (Like a group of graphic designers wouldn't take that as a challenge?)
    His former best friend in the office would spend his break times posting the new realtor's face on various pictures from magazines and catalogs. He kept all the photos in a three ring binder on his desk. My favorite was when he put Mikey's face on Demi Moore's body, you know, the Vanity Fair cover where she was naked and hugely pregnant.
    It was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally remember that Demi Moore photo. I was pregnant at the same time and wanted to go as Demi Moore to a Halloween costume party. Larry vetoed that idea. Party pooper...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the biggest laugh I've had in a LONG, LONG time!! I so needed it today. I keep going back to the Horse Whisperer cards and the framed fridge photo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The swimming lessons is CLASSIC! I am totally reminded of Dwight and Jim right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had no idea you could get written up for that kind of stuff! My husband, a business professor, and his colleagues are forever pulling pranks like that. I thought the Horse Whisperer cards and the wite-out iPod were classics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was hysterical. I could imagine though that if you were not into pranks this could be quite annoying. The Horse Whisperer thing was absolutely genius. There's no doubt David Thorne is a fan of The Office.

    ReplyDelete