Saturday, December 07, 2013

Maturity Bites

Susie is singing "Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!" over and over and OVER again.  Loudly.  Tell me - where's the Geneva Convention when I need it?

My nice relaxed Saturday suddenly became over-scheduled and impossible to manage, and there is not much I can do about it. Have I mentioned I have been anointed the president of our local homeowners' association?  It's a tiny one, luckily - just our immediate neighborhood of 47 homes.  But, because of this august position, I'm meeting with a landscape consultant this morning.  And with the snowplow guy this afternoon, to sign a contract.  If we have the surprise winter storm of the century around here tomorrow, it will be because I didn't get that contract signed.

Seems like people are suddenly expecting me to do all sorts of grown-up things. When did I turn into an adult, anyway?


4 comments:

  1. I have to put a post it note on my computer that says "NO" because I find myself in a similar position quite often. Why do I have to be the chair of this or on the board of this. Aren't there 2800 other parents in my school who can volunteer?


    Visit my blog for a great giveaway this week http://japolina.blogspot.com/2013/12/another-giveaway-from-bowtie-kids.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are singing my song. One thing about having all children in college or out of it is that you no longer hear yourself saying things like "PTA". Homeowner's association? Delegate, my friend? Delegate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you going to be writing people up for planting the wrong color flowers?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you skip the meeting and get "volunteered" for that position? Or did you actually forget to decline?

    ReplyDelete