Saturday, December 14, 2013

That Goose Is Getting Fat

Remember this discovery of mine?  Well, I'm still enjoying Songza (and now so is Jennifer Jo over at Mama's Minutiae); but I'm guessing that Larry rues the day I discovered the "Singin' in the Shower: 80's Edition" playlist there.

Seriously, people, how could someone NOT like Huey Lewis and the News?

It's raining ice right now.  ICE.  We lucked out earlier this week and experienced a snowfall that ALMOST covered all the grass; so my poor winter-fun-deprived children made the most of it, with sleds and shovels and hot cocoa.  Now we have got a muddy mess and frozen stuff falling out of the sky.  I guess that is as close as we are ever going to get to a winter wonderland around here, so I'll take it.

I guess this could be a possibility.
Christmas knitting?  Don't ask.  I'm at the facing-reality stage of that process right now.  You know, the stage when you decide that, really, not all of your relatives deserve handknits?  Where you ruthlessly slash the recipient list to meet the realities of the space-time continuum?  Yeah, that stage.

And if anyone can tell me what the heck I was planning to do with the 7 skeins of City Tweed DK yarn (sage green) that showed up in my latest Knitpicks order, I'd really appreciate it.  Because I haven't a clue.


5 comments:

  1. Ooh, at least it's a pretty color to have a lot of. I'm so impressed with your knitting skills. I'm embarking on a scarf for the mother of my sister-in-law who is from India and will be here for Christmas and in the country for much of the winter, so I figured she'd be cold. But a straightforward boring scarf is the extent of my knitting abilities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never learned to do anything more than a regular stitch. Both my sisters are better knitters than I am, though now that I'm benched with a broken ankle, I may take it up again. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm having the same problem with gifting here -- and I don't even knit!
    Also -- sadly -- no snow. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stitch on, sister!
    And yes, I never met an 80's hit I didn't want to sing along to, either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm. Seven skeins. Hat, mittens and scarf set? Vest? Kid sweater? Pretty, whatever you do with it.

    Also, if I could send you snow, I would. Shoveled 10" out of my driveway on Sunday, and we're due for 5" more today. Temp this AM when I left the house was 5°F. Brr.

    ReplyDelete