Saturday, July 05, 2008

May The Funniest Post Win...

I have been nominated as the "Imperfect Blogger of the Week" for the last week of June. Imagine that - just because I couldn't recognize my own child at the pool. I was sort of excited, at first, because every month they have readers vote for the most Imperfect Blogger of the Week and I figured that no one could beat a story like mine. That is, until I saw that this post of Sue's had also been nominated in June.

So, I was going to beg everyone to go over and vote for me (hurry!), because I think there might be a real prize available; but now I'm just going to have to tell y'all to head on over there and vote your funny bone. That's the only honest thing I can do when I am up against the blogger who makes me laugh every single time she posts. And she's had a rough 6 months. And she's in the middle of moving again. Plus, hers was pretty funny. Damn.

I hope everyone had a glorious (and wormless) Fourth!

[Edited to add: I was about to click "Publish Post" on this item when Theo informed me that Brian had just thrown up. On the top bunk. You know, this gets old. And, mind you, this happened in his
new room. Maybe this is how he marks his territory? Unfortunately, this means I will now have 2 bedrooms that stink of puke forever.]

12 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 05, 2008

    I voted for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, sorry for the puke. Maybe you could attach a puke bag to the kids upon putting them to bed.

    I'll go vote for you. Because I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a selfless blogger you are--heading over to read now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her story was really funny, but I voted for yours. What happened at the pool just cracks me up.

    Sorry about the puking. I'll call you the minute I get the 411 on a good farm where our kids can go. And puke in someone else's rooms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousJuly 05, 2008

    Dude, you're totally winning!!! I voted for you anyway, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnonymousJuly 05, 2008

    Perhaps it's "altitude sickness" from the top bunk??? *Joke*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, Vomit, we haven't heard about that for...a while...
    You, my dear, crack ME up everytime you post.
    Blessings, E

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally voted for you (although that post of Sue's was particularly funny) And I'd like you to know that you're blowing everyone else out of the water.
    So way to go, i think you might just be the most imperfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Children's beds should come with little buckets attached to them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had missed the post about not recognizing your kid at the pool, but I am so glad you linked to it because that was FABULOUS!

    Sorry about the puke, but good luck with the award.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I voted for you too, and when I did, you were quite a bit ahead, so good luck!

    ReplyDelete