Thursday, July 22, 2010

Ice Dreams

Look - I'm trying not to complain about the heat around here, okay? But truth to tell, all I can think about at this point is buying a large Slurpee at my local 7-11 and smearing it all over my face and neck.

Aaaaah.....

Luckily, we are escaping to the (hopefully cooler) mountains for a few days this weekend (thanks to Grandpa, who has decided he sure as heck can't take it with him). We're meeting Grandpa and Uncle Matt somewhere 6 hours from here - you know, just throwing the kids and a few suitcases in the car and hitting the road. We're nothing if not spontaneous. All I have to do tomorrow is wash everyone's laundry; pack clothes, food, and enough emergency medicinals to save a small village from the plague; and clean out the minivan formerly known as pristine.

And shop for "car snacks," as my kids affectionately call them...

And go to Brian's band camp concert...

And take the children to the pool because it will be approximately 357 degrees here on Friday...

Must. Have. Slurpee.

So maybe it would be a good idea to get a decent night's sleep tonight. No staying up to play Scramble...no hanging out on Twitter...absolutely no blog-hopping...

Although I might just squeeze in a quick trip to 7-11 before bed.

8 comments:

  1. Waaait a minute! Did you forget to put cleaning of the house on your list, you know, just in case? Or did you recover from that phobia? (I will never forgive myself if something does happen, but I just can't resist posting this. If you can make fun of it, can I?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJuly 22, 2010

    Would this be a bad time to complain about the Lack of sunshine here in the North West? Again it's cloudy! This morning my kids turned on the heater because they were cold... I think it will rain, AGAIN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We worship the Slurpee at my house. The Crystal Light Slurpee is my fave.

    Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousJuly 23, 2010

    Happy trails, SC! I hope you get slurpies at every stop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is it about Slurpees? When someone mentions one, I have to have one.
    Okay. Now I have one more thing to add to my "to-do" list today.
    (At least it's a fun thing.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you poor dear. Settling for a Slurpee because you have no Del's, right? Someone in Australia posted a picture of their clothespins, frozen into the bucket, and I thought, I'd happily melt that by running it all over my body. And where are we going on vacation? Inland. What am I, stupid?

    ReplyDelete
  7. AnonymousJuly 23, 2010

    Why is vacation so much work for the mama? *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  8. It could be worse. You could be here. I think our "summer" ended somewhere in the middle of June. I was thinking fall didn't start until August 1st but I think it's hit early this year.

    ReplyDelete