Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Salvation

VERY useful item
Praise the Lord, Larry found someone to help him! Of course, it's costing money, but not $10,000 worth of money, so that's good. The helper guy came by today with his wetvac and sucked all the water out of the trench (because it rained hard yesterday) and then he determined that water was being channeled under our stoop and spilling out by the basement wall, so there's another thing Larry has to figure out how to seal up.

Being a homeowner? TONS of fun.

Anyway, our savior is coming back tomorrow to do drainage-type stuff, and at some point he will have his men shovel all the dirt back into Larry's trench, and then Larry and I will live happily ever after, The End.


We are still planning to head to the beach with the girls and the camper on Sunday, for a few days of fun in the ocean. Only, I heard it is supposed to be about 100 degrees, which sounds a tad hot for fun, if you ask me. I mean, unless spontaneously combusting is your idea of a good time...

"At least we have the AC in our camper," I said to Larry, while we were discussing the weather forecast.

"I have no idea if it works," he said. "We haven't tried it since 2011."

Oh, hey, that's okay. I mean, the temps go all the way down to 80 degrees at night. NO PROBLEM.

Pray for us, all right?



[Hot weather image: ClipArtix]

8 comments:

  1. It is worthwhile to know someone who has a wetvac. I will pray for yinz, because it will be hot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh. What a nightmare! (both the water problems and the 100 degree weather!). I admire your calm. I'd be flipping out! Btw, I have those math books set aside. Will get them to you at some point this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't walk barefooted on the sand. That's all I got.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's home ownership for you...you start one project only to discover that there is something else to be fixed. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousJuly 22, 2016

    Good luck with repairing the NEXT drainage issue!
    Hope that A/C/ works, if only to keep the marriage intact;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is where the ocean will help...go in the water in the evening. Stay in until you're shivering, pale blue or both. The 80 degree heat will then feel heavenly as you snuggle into bed and fall blissfully asleep.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are officially insane. After spending the last 10 days around Richmond, and abandoning a foray into DC because of the heat, I am pulling up stakes and heading back home to Florida.....where it is cooler!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kudos to Larry for getting help with the moat! I can only imagine the humidity levels your are dealing with right now. (Actually, I can remember them, from 5 years ago when we were loading a moving truck to get far away from such oppressive heat.)
    Yeah, it's 80 degrees here at midnight and we don't have central air conditioning. And I'm about to heat up the oven and bake zucchini bread so that when I drive 6 hours tomorrow to visit my 20-year-old son, I have homemade zucchini bread to give to him. I'm officially insane.

    ReplyDelete