7 Quick Takes: Mother's Day Weekend Edition
1. That's right, folks; why make it just one day when it can be an entire weekend? Mothers are pretty darn special, you know. Without them, none of us would even be here.
3. Alas, my children's art teacher diabolically scheduled their art show for Saturday; I don't think I'm gonna get out of that one. Each child selects one painting from the past year, which she mats and frames for display. I'm sort of excited that I'll actually have some framed pieces of art for my living room. And, as Larry points out, if you calculate in the cost of the lessons for the year, they will be by far the most expensive paintings we'll ever own.
4. Someone has got to keep this economy marching along. Personal responsibility - that's what it's all about.
5. Osama bin Laden is dead, in case you hadn't heard. Or in case you're Andrew Breitbart...
6. I'm getting old. I know I'm getting old because, while watching Seth Meyers's speech at the White House Correspondents Dinner, I kept thinking, "What a nice young man! And so charming!" Since when do I think in terms like that? Is there something activated in the Jewish female genetic code as the 48th birthday approaches?
7. I don't know why that video up there has Obama's face - but he's not too hard on the eyes, either. Gosh, I sure hope no one was coming here for in-depth political commentary. Apparently, I specialize in the superficial.
Go on over to Jen's 7 Quick Takes at Conversion Diary - she's never superficial.
[Mother's Day poster: Jewelry Insider]