Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Easy Street

Ah! That feels better!  I just needed to slip into something more comfortable.  I'm not sure about this text font, though - does it look too slapdash?  I don't want to hurt my image of being a painstaking crafter of the written word, you know.

That is my image, right?

I guess I was just feeling sort of expansive today - ready to take on new challenges, present a new side of myself to the world.  You see, I was the Bunko queen last night, what with rolling no fewer than 4 Bunkos.

I practice a lot, you know.

So I came home and woke Larry up to show him my 30 dollars worth of winnings.  And then we danced up and down the stairs singing Easy Street...


I can't kick quite as high as Bernadette Peters, but I have no doubt Larry would really rock a pair of suspenders.

(The singing starts at 1 minute, but it's worth waiting for; this song was the only worthwhile part of the whole darn movie.)



[Bunko image: Sacramento Scoop]

13 comments:

  1. You can probably kick higher than BP can NOW!

    Good job. The font is fun. If that's possible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite movie scenes of all time! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a huge fan of the font. It looks like it's going to fall apart at any minute, like balsa wood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The font makes my eyes hurt, but then, by this time of night I'm forced to close one eye to see the screen properly anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that movie and love that song! And I like the font.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The font seems to shimmer as I try to read it. My eyes may start watering soon.

    But it could be I'm laughing too hard at the image of you and Larry dancing up and down the stairs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My eyes aren't awake yet, but you had my attention at bunko winnings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. AnonymousMay 18, 2011

    I love the idea of you coming in late at night cranking out "Easy Street" while showing off your Bunko Bucks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm impressed that you only recently watched Annie and you're already starting to reference the film; way to adopt pop culture!

    ReplyDelete
  10. And, as a kid, that was my least favorite scene. As an adult, I haven't rewatched Annie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your winnings! As for the font, honestly, I find it a little serial killerish. But that's just me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bunko is still a mysterious world to me. I hear about it being played but I've never actually seen it.

    ReplyDelete