Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Knit 2, Purl 2, Eat 2

Yum!
Who knew that it would be so easy to simultaneously knit and eat leftover Halloween candy?  It's not often that one is able to so easily meld two seemingly unrelated hobbies.  Those candies to the right, my friends, are my downfall this year.  Oh, heavens, they are tasty.  I only stop eating them in order to consume some bite-size Snickers.  I don't want the chocolate bars to feel left out.  Also?  Peanut M&M's...

My socks are coming along swimmingly, even though I didn't manage to finish them by the end of October.  My new deadline (as unrealistic as the first) is Thursday morning, as I want to wear them to our first day of ice skating.  I might be able to pull it off, if I do nothing tomorrow but knit.  And if the Halloween candy maintains its entertainment value for the children, an all-day knitting spree may be a practical proposition.  Although I do seem to be developing the precursor aches and pains to some sort of needlecraft repetitive motion injury...

Well, if you'll excuse me, I'm due for my next dose of candy.  I don't want my blood sugar level to drop too precipitously, you know. 

6 comments:

  1. I was on the fence about whether or not break open a bag of M&M's--in solidarity with you, I just did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I am familiar with the repetitive motion injury from knitting. I might get one this weekend if anyone can re-educate me on the whole knit/purl scenario. I'm apparently hopeless at retaining information.
    Baby Ruth was my dosage of choice last night. Now there are none to be found in the house (or in any baskets of those who came a ding-donging).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire you for being an equal opportunity candy eater!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kids keep giving me all the almond joys and mounds. While I love them I probably shouldn't eat them all in one sitting...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've discoverd that I can do all sorts of work while eating Halloween candy. My kids have made this much easier by leaving their candy out in the open. I can only assume that by doing this, they want me to eat some.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I desperately need to put my daughters' candy away--some place where I can't get to it! I don't know if that's possible...

    ReplyDelete