Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Whither Winter?

All last week, the temps couldn't get past 30 degrees.  It even snowed a teeny bit.  My poor, snow-deprived children grabbed their sleds and made the most of it, even though grass was clearly visible above the snow cover.

Okay, I'll admit it.  After they all went to bed that day?  I took one of those sleds and put it through its paces myself.

Not typically a part of my January wardrobe
So, today? 69 degrees.  Our cheap plastic sleds, abandoned and useless, are sitting outside in a mud swamp.   And tomorrow, it should reach at least 70.  I'm even considering pulling out my FitFlops.  I loves my FitFlops. 

But I still want my winter back.  Please?





[FitFlop image: Island Trends]

13 comments:

  1. Don't worry, it will be back. I'm glad you had some fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously? SEVENTY DEGREES?!? No wonder a P'ville friend was bemoaning the lack of snow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. C'mon over. We're getting at least half a foot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just be glad you're not in the tornado zone!

    Weird winter here, too -- 82 for a today, and we haven't used heat since December. (Sorry! It's gloating season here in FL! It had to be done!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you. Mostly. That single digit weather was a PITA. Our usual 20-40 during the day? I can deal with that. I'm not ready for mud season yet. But don't despair, we're dropping back below freezing this weekend. Yay?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can have some of ours! I went out without a jacket yesterday, and now it's snow city.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would gladly send all of the snow on my driveway to you if I could.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too bad I wasn't there. I would have gone sledding with you!

    Winter is necessary. It kills mosquito larvae.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Augh. Going to be below zero here tomorrow. Sometimes I wear my Fitflops around the house just to pretend I don't live in a frozen tundra. Love, love my Fitflops too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. And now today it's back to cold again. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL you could put a minus sign in front of your temps and get mine! As for me, I would take the h out of your title and add an exclamation point... WITHER WINTER! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am wear flip-flops all year long; I wouldn't have it any other way! I'm glad you enjoy the snow,

    ReplyDelete
  13. I pulled out my capri pants yesterday. Probably should have also brought a sweatshirt for the ride home lol.

    ReplyDelete