Get Thee Behind Me, Pretzels

Tired of these
Hooray! Today was an eating day! I could finally ingest comestibles other than dry pretzels and flat soda! Although now I feel sort of queasy again, so I may have jumped the gun there.

Today was also notable in that I managed to doze off on an ultrasound table. Please tell me that happens all the time. In my defense, the technician did take a while to get the doctor to come in and tell me everything looked great.

No, actually, there was no excuse. I just stayed up too late last night buying things. Poor Larry -- he goes to sleep at a reasonable hour every single night, just so he can get up in the morning and go to work and make money so I can spend it online. He's definitely gotten the short end of the stick here.

And, to be fair (to me, that is), it isn't as if I were buying something extravagant. No, it was basic, unexciting items such as conditioner (there are 4 women currently living here, and we all have abundant amounts of thick, curly hair, which explains why the approximately 4 gallons of conditioner I bought 2 1/2 months ago is GONE), curl scrunch (see above re abundant amounts of thick, curly hair), rubber car mats for my 7-year-old car (because the carpet mats are hopelessly dirty and my job consists of driving senior citizens around and I don't want to gross them out), and - oh, yes - a coat for me that I will probably send back because it will make me feel like a chubby 4-year-old stuffed into a snowsuit. Because they all do.


Ooh la, la! It's French!
I think I need a cape. A nice, woolen cape that swirls and hides the fact that I no longer have a waist. Look how happy the lady in that picture looks. That could be moi. Although, come to think of it, I'm not sure how one manages to carry a purse, wearing that thing.

You know, fashion is really complicated.




[Pretzels image: Snyder's Online]
[Cape image: Sportsman's Guide]


Comments

  1. Poor husbands! Heh. Of course they have a quitting time at a reasonable hour usually. My quitting time for the rest of the stuff we need doing is sometimes midnight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cape, with a hood! It looks very sophisticated.

    A black cape - think of the possibilities - one could impersonate a monk, or a dementor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend Alice wears a gorgeous wool cape that she swears turns her into Maureen O'Hara in The Quiet Man. She's 92, short and stocky but that capes CHANGES her. It is awfully glamorous.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment