Sunday, February 05, 2017

A Winner, Finally

Remember this post? The one about my discovering that there were Christmas decorations still hanging in my house, unnoticed by moi? The one I ended with the sentence, "What else am I missing, I wonder..."

Well, I need wonder no more:

Sort of screams Christmas, doesn't it?

Yup, in my kitchen. Where I spend approximately 50% of my waking hours. I DID NOT NOTICE THIS.

For heaven's sakes, it's February already. I have had guests in my kitchen several times in the past couple of weeks. Apparently, they thought it not worth mentioning. Or maybe they are planning an intervention. I really don't know.

And, believe it or not, I've finally gotten around to counting up all the people interested in the Yarn Harlot book (hey, you all commented in 3 different places, so it was confusing, okay?) and cranked up my trusty old random number generator. The winner is someone with the Blogger handle of upnitestx, who recently wandered over here from the Yarn Harlot's blog. Nice to meet you, upnitestx! Please email me at vogelkaren@gmail.com and give me your mailing address, so I can send you the book.

I'm not very good at doing these things in a timely fashion, I will admit. This woman has probably stopped reading my blog already.

I'm not looking.
On the home reconstruction front, this weekend has been rather difficult. I came home from a pleasant yarn-related outing with friends on Saturday afternoon to find the basement stairs taped off with plastic and Larry standing at the top of them saying, "Don't look down there."

So I didn't.

Then this morning I returned from yoga to hear what sounded like a sledgehammer being wielded by my Tim Allen-wannabe husband. "He was using a chainsaw earlier," Susie informed me. "I heard it."

"Grab some yarn and let's get out of here," I told her. I mean, seriously - she's a child. And I left her alone in the house with a sledgehammer-wielding maniac. Granted, I'm married to him, but still...

So we headed out to the local government center, where a knitting group was holding a meeting PLUS potluck today. Of course, this necessitated my popping into the local Harris Teeter at 1:00 on Superbowl Sunday to pick up a contribution for the feast.

Superbowl Sunday.

There weren't even any carts available, people. None. So I ran in there, grabbed some 7-layer Mexican hat dance bean dip thing-y and ran back out. It was crazy, but worth it. Susie and I ended up spending the afternoon safely ensconced in a meeting room with other knitters, household renovations out of sight and out of mind.

I still haven't looked down there, you know.






7 comments:

  1. Is this where I'm supposed to comment that I don't want the book about knitting?
    On Super Bowl Sunday, the first place I would look for something to contribute to a potluck - would be Home Depot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reading your blog just not checking as often as I check the Harlot. I am tickled to win and emailing you next thing. Can't wait to find out what's (down there).

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a wise woman...stay away from those stairs until everything is put back together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The basement of doom! I wouldn't look either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do. Not. Look.
    Seriously.
    Ignorance is bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't taken down my Advent/Hanukkah paper chain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm looking up on our mantle where there are still angels, stars, and a nutcracker -- above which hang TWO Christmas wreaths. You're welcome. (Also, we hosted about 16 people for a Superbowl party in this very room.) At least the tree is down!

    ReplyDelete