- Bruce Springsteen turned 60 yesterday. I remember thinking that he was ancient when he turned 35. Let's see...that was back in 1984...I was all of 21 then. We can conclude from this that 21-year-olds are stupid. Or else, it's just me...
- One stinkbug I can handle...but to look at my den wall and discover at least 20 of these lovelies crawling around (with more pouring in the window) is a bit more than I can stand. So I escaped to Starbucks Wednesday night and left Larry home to deal with the invaders. One of the creatures hitchhiked along on my dark-brown sweatshirt and wasn't discovered (by me) until I was inside the store. [insert silent scream here] Apparently, there is no escape.
- Enjoy the picture - misery loves company.
- My skin is crawling from all that buggy Internet research I just did.
- Uncle Matt was planning to visit this weekend; that is, until he heard about the headcold we're passing around the house here. Coward.
- Or maybe he just doesn't like stinkbugs?
- Thank you to all the commenters who left funny links the other day. I particularly enjoyed the video of the baby tearing paper and laughing. Not least because the dad filming it was exhibiting the distinctively dad behavior of letting the kid bonk his little head on a hard piece of furniture without then relocating the poor child a safe distance away from it. Unlike a mom, say, who would have stopped the camera for a minute and moved the kid to a safer spot. Instead, we're treated to "Ha, ha, ha, BONK!" twice in this short clip. Maybe that's the answer to "What's the sound of a cute little baby laughing his head off?"
Friday, September 25, 2009
7 Quick Takes (Why 7? I Don't Know)
on September 25, 2009