7 Quick Takes
- Every week, I mean to jot down bits and pieces of the ideas that go through my head and then just slap them on here for 7 Quick Takes Friday. And every week I forget.
- Last night I dreamed that 12-year-old David was determined to donate a kidney to his biology teacher. Larry and I were unanimous in telling him that he couldn't do so, but we worried that David would sneak out and donate the kidney anyway. David was irate. He said that health care reform would ration kidneys and his teacher wouldn't get one. I explained to him that kidneys are already rationed. Then I woke up. Do you think perhaps I'm following the health care debate a bit too closely?
- David doesn't even have a biology teacher. He's homeschooled.
- I also dreamed that some friends of ours were living in our basement and they insisted on putting some of their furniture in our living room. Their furniture was ugly, and I couldn't figure out how to tell them that I didn't want it there. With all these problems that crop up in my dream world, it's no wonder I never feel rested in the morning.
- I'm trying to decide whether Anna would look better in a Coast Guard uniform or a Marine Corps one. I think the military recruiting websites should have virtual models. For the girls, it's all about fashion.
- We had to sign some ROTC paperwork for Theo yesterday, as he is not yet 18. So we actually got to see him (oh, happy day!), and he looks the same - no tattoos, no body piercings - just...the same. I don't know, I thought something would be different. I mean, he's lived on his own 2 whole weeks.
- Oh, but he did get a great (military-style) haircut - Go, Army!
- I don't know where the "8" came from, but I can't get rid of it.