Saturday, June 16, 2012

All Tied Up For Father's Day

Stop the madness!
To all you people pinning the "recipe" for homemade laundry detergent on Pinterest:

Why?  Do you not have enough to do already?  Are you bored

Or maybe the homemade kind just tastes better...


In other news, our elderly neighbors are moving and getting rid of many years worth of accumulated stuff.  Which means that I have in my possession (JUST IN TIME FOR FATHER"S DAY) a bag of about 40 outdated ties.  Now, if my jetlagged husband would just straighten out his body clock and get himself up to bed, David and I could start festooning the house with them.

We got him a new camera, too.  We're not that cheap, you know.


[Detergent image: Crystal&Co.]

11 comments:

  1. Love the idea of decorating with ties!
    My 2 younger sons enjoyed going through my dad's ties in April. They scored a couple of nice ones but the youngest also chose a couple of really outdated ties. I'm worried about the day he decides to wear one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Sounds like it will be a lovely fathers' day. (My husband's off to do Army stuff for two weeks, so we're mostly just going to hug him and look forward to his return.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anyone who has time to make their own laundry detergent needs a new hobby! Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I've done the homemade detergent. I have a crazy drive to make everything by hand; I can't help it. It was fine. No better or worse than regular detergent. Cheaper, but kind a pain to make.

    I've also tried the "best ever" stain remover that is hydrogen peroxide and dawn dish detergent. It was total crap.

    Happy Father's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just saw a windsock out of ties on Pinterest--was that from you?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, but I saw that, too. I didn't have enough creativity left in me at 10 PM last night to attempt it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have made my own laundry detergent for a couple years now. Since it only takes me about 10 minutes every month or two and it saves me beaucoup bucks, I keep doing it. I usually wouldn't have a clue what to do with those ties, but one of my friends (she's crafty, I'm not) made a wreath out of a bunch of them. I'm sure you can find that on Pinterest, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sad that that couple is leaving. I just can't believe it.
    Ties could provide endless hours of crafting for your young ones...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've seen a quilt made up entirely of ties. And the homemade laundry detergent is worth it to me since it's so cheap and lasts FOREVER. I'm on month 3 of this stuff and will probably have enough to finish the year. All for less than $20.

    ReplyDelete