Monday, June 11, 2012

The Biggest Loser

Well, I got my 5 dollars back at Bunko tonight.  Those of you who are Bunko aficionados know that that would be because I managed to lose more games than anyone else there.  I'm special that way.

Today was David's birthday.  He is 15, and he had to listen to me say, "Only 15 years ago you were a tiny new baby!" more than once.  Now he fixes my computers and cooks vegetarian meals and aspires to fly airplanes.  That's a lot of progress for only a decade and a half.  The only thing I myself have managed to accomplish over the last 15 years is to gain 20 pounds. Repeatedly.

Doesn't every teenage boy want one?
Larry and I gave David one of those deep fryers for his birthday.  Also?  A cake and some candy.  He spent half the day making french fries and sharing them with his extremely interested younger siblings.  I, on the other hand, spent most of my day julienning potatoes, sampling fries, and cleaning up the kitchen.  That is, when I wasn't baking a cake and slathering it with homemade cream cheese frosting.  Or stuffing my face at Bunko...


The good news is, I don't think I need to ingest any more calories for at least another week. 



[Deep fryer image: Shopping.com]

6 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to David!

    SC, I'd say my accomplishments match yours, except that you managed to have 2 additional children while I only managed to gain the weight associated with having those children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you got him a deep fryer. Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you accomplished more things. You managed not to kill the children, for one thing. And you cleaned up a lot of vomit (not so much lately, I'm thinking.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He sounds lovely. Even if the vegetarianim is inconvenient on Steak Night. ;)

    I wish we had bunko night here, but we're not suburban enough. I have to go to friends' neighborhoods to find Pampered Chef parties. That's a mixed blessing, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousJune 13, 2012

    Actually, in the last 15 years you managed to raise several fairly talented, interesting and self-sufficient children. Pat yourself on the back and take credit now.

    ReplyDelete