Friday, November 29, 2013

Do-Nothing Day

Don't begrudge me, people - I've earned this.  We ran 3 full dishwasher loads yesterday.  Oy.

If any of you have not yet discovered Songza, this is the perfect day for it.  It's like Pandora, only way more awesome.  It's chock full of curated playlists, designed for every mood and musical sensibility.  Currently, I'm listening to the "Walking on Sunshine" playlist, designed for an upbeat morning mood.  But don't worry, there are lists for those of you who are not so disgustingly cheerful in the morning, too.  And you don't have to keep refreshing the page to keep the music playing.

And?  It's free.  What more could you want?

Back to the Christmas knitting - it feels like a sweat shop around here...

11 comments:

  1. My husband and I washed all the dishes last night. Well they used paper plates and plastic utensils so it was mostly the serving bowls and stuff that was cooked in. Wish someone would do that at my house for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have a few hand dishes that can't go in the dishwasher that I ignored today - spent the day knitting and watching Harry Potter on ABC Family. I regret nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure we ran the dishwasher 3 times on Wednesday and another 3 on Thursday. Luckily, hubs does most of the dishes. It's 5:45 p.m.--odds are good I won't be getting out of my pajamas today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom Taxi Julie, that is a great gift you gave somebody, to do all those dishes. At my house, we enlisted the Youth (ages 14 to 20) to do the dishes. Most of them cheerfully complied.

    I told my husband I'm not cooking today. Not even heating up leftovers for people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dishwasher is out of order, so we had to wash everything by hand. Enjoy the rest of this lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I helped out in my mother-in-law's kitchen but not as much as I should have. No one wanted me & my germs handling the clean dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad we went to a friend's house for dinner this year. Came home to a CLEAN kitchen. Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SC, hope you and your lovely family enjoyed Thanksgiving. I'm seething with jealousy now after reading about your Do Nothing Day. SEETHING. We have a hockey tournament all freaking weekend and I'm feeling resentful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Again, I'm so thankful that my kids are not athletic. We are just sitting around eating pie and stuffing.

      Delete
  9. Good for you to rest up--before the sweating starts again with those knitting projects.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent weblog right here! Additionally your site quite a bit up very fast! What web host are you using? Can I get your affiliate hyperlink in your host? I want my site loaded up as quickly as yours lol…

    Cardsharing Server

    ReplyDelete