Thursday, November 19, 2015

Flour And Sugar And Butter, Oh My!

What's up? Oh, nothing really. Just here to remind you to throw your name into the hat for a free copy of Just Mercy, an excellent non-fiction book about fighting for legal justice in the South. If you're interested, leave a comment on this blog post - I will pick a name on Saturday. Or maybe Sunday, if I'm too busy Saturday finishing up the last of the Bunko candy.

Hey, those peanut M&M's aren't going to eat themselves, you know.

Just the beginning....
The season of holiday baking has begun: today I helped Susie bake a batch of mini cranberry muffins to take to Activity Night, where they were sharing family holiday traditions.  Activity Night is a biweekly event she attends with a bunch of her LDS friends, because what better place is there for a Jewish/Catholic girl to be than at a Mormon youth group?

We take being ecumenical VERY seriously here.

Then Rachel decided she was bored and needed to bake mini peach pies to pass the time.  Who am I to deny her that pleasure, especially since she actually cleaned up her mess afterwards? I suppose it really IS the season of miracles.

My point being, it isn't even Thanksgiving yet, and we are already awash in calories.  I need to order some new jeans to replace some that have worn out, but I am thinking maybe I should just wait until January to make sure I buy the right size. I'm nothing if not a realist these days.

Movie recommendations, anyone?  Anything you've seen lately that you really liked?





[Muffins image: FitWebMD]

6 comments:

  1. Woman in Gold. Saw in On Demand the other night. Great movie. I may have to watch it a second time because I was knitting and couldn't count and read the subtitles at the same time, plus the print size was quite small.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seem to watch more TV shows on Netflix than actual movies lately. Recently finished 4 seasons of Longmire which I really enjoyed. (Started off slow, but was worth sticking with.) Getting ready to watch the latest season of Continuum (which is pretty good if you like science fiction and it has a strong female lead). Oh, but I did watch All About Eve which I'd never seen before. When I do have time for movies I tend to look for classics I've missed. Anything you've always meant to watch and haven't?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Movie recommendation: I really liked "Bridge of Spies." My husband and I both wanted to see it. That one single movie would interest both of us is a miracle.

    Homemade mini peach pies and cleaning up afterwards is a greater miracle. Yummmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "...because what better place is there for a Jewish/Catholic girl to be than at a Mormon youth group?" Best line EVER! I totally snorted.

    Movie recommendation? What's a movie? I swear I live under a rock; I need to get out more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that your kid feels comfortable in a youth group that has nothing to do with her own background.
    The kids rented Pixels the other weekend and for an Adam Sandler movie, it wasn't too bad. He's been awful lately.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My child-free girlfriend also recommends "Bridge of Spies" -- which she and her husband both enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete