Thursday, February 21, 2008

That's Amore!

I never realized how much in demand pizelle-making is in a man. All over the blogosphere, it seems, there are women swooning at the thought of a husband making his own pizzelles. If I had mentioned that Larry also cleans the kitchen up afterward, I think I would have to fear for my marriage.

Oh, and his sister (who doesn't keep up-to-date on my blog) called yesterday and asked me if Larry was okay, because he had sounded sort of stressed on the phone the other night. "Does he get any exercise?" she asked, solicitously. "I don't know," I demurred. "Why don't you ask him yourself?"

Yeah, I set her up. And I don't care.

"Be nice to me!" Susie shouts, to no one in particular. She knows her rights. Now she is waving a pretty dress in my face, demanding it be draped immediately onto her fat little body. Each morning she rises with the sun, agog with anticipation for (of?) that day's wardrobe choice. Nighttime has become a particular distressing time for her, insofar as she has to relinquish whichever pretty dress she has twirled around in all day and don inelegant pajamas in its stead. Though Susie looks fetchingly cute in her pajamas, they are very unsatisfactory for twirling purposes.

Which reminds me, I need to get out of my untwirly pajamas and into something decent before someone shows up at the door unexpectedly. Because I certainly don't look fetchingly cute in my nightclothes.

18 comments:

  1. He cleans the kitchen?! Woman, lock that man up. Or lease him out. And get Susie a twirly nightgown, so she can wear tights underneath and keep warm. Of course, she may never sleep what with all the twirling going on...

    ReplyDelete
  2. But Darling, you must look pretty cute in your nightclothes. You have 6 kids! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how funny to have a twirly girl in your house!

    When my mother in law calls, worried about her firstborn son, I always pass the phone off to him. Good move, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm having the kind of morning where I should have never left the bed. I think all day I'm going to scream "Be Nice to Me!" in honor of Susie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too have a kitchen cleaner-upper. The added bonus is they can assist in the training of the children in that regard.

    Can't you just whip up a twirly nightgown in your spare time? hahahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both my girls went through three years of choosing dresses based soley on the twirl factor. AND wanting to sleep in them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenn - I'll add that to my to-do list.

    mrs. g. - It's not really a bad idea, now, is it?

    ree - My husband can't see without his glasses on. Lucky for me...

    Karen - Maybe you should work on designing twirly pj's...

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband will clean the kitchen counters and sink. The floor? Nah. The bathrooms or bedrooms? Nah.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, this just reminded me that I have no twirling (well, not with twirly dresses anyway) going on in my house!
    I'm not a big fan of pizelles, but I AM a big fan of husbands who clean up after themselves (or clean up in general!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I read Suzie screaming 'be nice to me' I thought about how often what our kids are saying is just that. Be nice to me. Their definition of 'nice' may vary and the message's vehicle may be inappropriate, but there it is.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Every girl needs at least one twirly dress. I remember the one I had when I was 6. I loved that dress.

    Why can't we stay in jammies all day?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish ANYONE would clean up my kitchen. I don't care who it is as long as it's not me.
    My husband does clean toilets and vaccuum. I can't complain there.
    I also don't see a problem with wearing jammies all day long. It saves you from having to figure out what you're going to wear for the day, and then saves you time at night.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Girls need to wear twirly dresses when they're young. Soon enough the time will come when if Susie goes out and starts twirling, men in white coats will come to fetch her. Get her a nice nightgown to twirl in, so she can get it out of her system. Husbands that clean up the kitchen are real treasures, so he should be excused for not tolerating exercise jokes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. aren't pj's the most comfortable clothes on earth!! i'd live in them if i could :)

    and melissious...don't despair, I don't have any twirling in twirly dresses going on at my place either...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Twirly is more important than we jaded adults give credit.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I work in my nightclothes all the time. Like now, in fact.

    Maybe people were trying to type in some less-than-savory search term and mis-types pizzelle instead. It sounds kind of dirty, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I actually had to look up the word, "agog." Kudos to you for making the grammatically challenged among us hit the dictionary.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, I'm impressed with the kitchen cleaning thing. I;ll keep my own, he cleaned the twins' room the other day :)

    ReplyDelete