Wednesday, March 23, 2011

In Over My Head

You know what's sad?  When you're asking your teen tech geek to set up the program that will enable you to monitor his computer use, that's what.

Sad, and futile...

David also showed me how to recover forgotten passwords, while commenting, "Of course, if I wanted to, I could keep mine hidden."  Isn't he nice, pointing out our parental vulnerability?  I'm thinking that statement was a not-so-subtle bid for a larger allowance.  A bit of technological blackmail, as it were...



[Hacker image: BigIceTees]

12 comments:

  1. I bow down to my tech-club sons (I couldn't spell tecchies...tekkies?). I've never tried to monitor them, but then they have usually been trustworthy.

    Although the elder once forgot to hide his tracks when searching the phrase b--- j-- but he's wised up since then. I don't think that's much worse than the long-ago teenage me secretly reading some ancient book on how babies are born.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you didn't spend too much money on the program!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And THAT is why I married the techno-dweeb. My son can't even get on Facebook, because my hubby "DNS'd the heck" out of my son's netbook. Bwahahahaha....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see where that would be a problem!

    Would it make you feel better to see how [badly] my knitting is coming along?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That kid is one smart dude!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you farm him out for side jobs?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too funny!! Collin is my go to ALOT.
    Hey I started a new UNSCHOOL blog.
    Check it out!
    http://crazymomsunschool.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Meanwhile, my brain is saying, "Can you hire him out for extra yarn money?"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man, that is a lost cause. He's going to be running the show, computer wise.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's why I don't allow my kids near the computer. Or electricity, for that matter. Raise'em right, go luddite.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh, we are living the same life

    "hey, boys, will you please help me check the history file, here?"

    ReplyDelete