Saturday, June 02, 2012

Who Says Money Can't Buy Happiness?

Well, I think I managed to traumatize my youngest last night.  But it's her fault for peeing in my brand-new bed...my second brand-new bed, actually, since I finally got around to exchanging the too-soft mattress for something that, while more expensive, feels like heaven.  It was worth every penny.

This is how happy I am...
I heart my new mattress.  I do.  And I heart Mattress Discounters, who waived the 15% restocking fee when I informed them that this was the ninth mattress I have bought from them.

Nine.  That's a lot.

Anywhoo, Susie was in our bed last night (so what else is new?), and at some point she got up for a drink of water.  When she lay back down, I reached over to snuggle her and realized her pants were wet.

Have I mentioned how much I LOVE my pristine, never-peed-or-barfed-on new mattress?

Naturally, I screamed.  Poor Susie - she jumped out of the bed and stood there, wet and shaking with shock, while I stripped back the (also expensive) mattress cover and felt around anxiously to see if it had leaked.

So now I heart my new mattress cover, also, because it worked.  Worth every penny...


[Stacked mattresses image: Design2Share]

9 comments:

  1. LOL - poor things, both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for heavenly mattresses. I have a lovely memory foam mattress that I wish I could spend more time on but there is snoring that chases me away every night. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A kid peeing on a brand-new mattress. That is classic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is nothing like feeling that wetness and leaping straight out of bed. I'm so glad the mattress cover did its job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it hadn't, you would have heard the scream way out there in San Diego.

      Delete
  5. Hooray for the mattress cover and your quick action!
    I had a kid do that 2 nights in a row, but not in my bed... once in his and once on the new sofa (because the mattress wasn't dry yet)...

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, I'm curious--what kind of mattress is it? I may be in the market soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. way to break in the new mattress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh lawsie... I'm so glad that cover worked. What a nightmare!

    ReplyDelete