The Dangers Of Exercise

So, I've finally come down with the stupid cold/sore throat thing the younger kids have been passing around for a couple of weeks.  I'll have you know that, as of this morning, I was still going strong.  I did my tummy trimmers video, took Susie to the dentist, bicycled to the bank with the 3 youngest, and did a 3-mile power walk with a friend early this afternoon.

Going through a lot of these...
But exercise is obviously detrimental to my health.  Because, after that walk, everything went to hell, head-nose-and-throat-wise.  Also, household-wise -- I think the kids ate ice cream for dinner.  I don't really know, because I have a sort of "Don't ask, don't tell" policy on that sort of thing.  But I sure as heck didn't hear any whining from the kitchen while I napped upstairs.  And there seemed to be some clinking of spoons going on. I was too sick to care.

And now I'm awake at midnight, because I had that nap.  Also, the caffeine in the Excedrin Migraine I've been popping is keeping me up.  The Sudafed isn't helping matters any. 

Words With Friends, anyone?  Just start a game with suburbancorrespondent.

Comments

  1. On the bright side, it's not drug resistant tuberculosis, right? Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The jury's still out on that one. That's the fun about hypochondria - anything is possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're making me wish I had a phone capable of playing WwF. I'm awake at midnight because it's the night before I have to be up early. That's how my insomnia rolls. And now I'm thinking about googling symptoms... my lips feel funny...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I play on my IPod Touch. You can get a 4th generation 16 GB for 200 dollars. No monthly service fees. Mine is almost 3 years old now.

      Delete
  4. I had a cold this week too and I think that my kids ate cereal for dinner ! Feel better

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ice cream is high in calcium.

    I hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well this is days later but I just started a game with you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment