Look! No egg sandwich! From the bottom up, I present to you the contestants in this week's refrigerator clean-out:
- my spectacular dill potato salad (I don't even remember making this, which makes me suspect I need radiocarbon dating to determine how old it is);
- 6 cucumber slices sitting forlornly in the bottom of a Gladware container;
- some almost-finished hummus (Trader Joe's brand this time, rather than that feeble impostor pictured here last Wednesday);
- leftover apple oatmeal that I forgot to force on someone for snack;
- and some way-past-its-prime parsley lying limply atop it all.
Too bad I didn't think of it last week. Instead, I put all the discards right back into my refrigerator because I was too tired/lazy to wash out the containers that evening. And then? I forgot about them. So imagine my surprise and dismay when I pulled the following from my refrigerator this afternoon:Look familiar? At least I did toss the egg sandwich...
If you are wondering (as I am) why my refrigerator didn't stink to high heaven from housing that chicken-carcass-in-a-bag (yum!) for a whole extra week, I have no answer for you. I do know that my friend with the livestock problem will be happy to hear that I took up valuable refrigerator space saving that bagful of apple cores and skins for her pigs. Plus, a bonus:
This week's peelings, for their porcine dining pleasure...
Tweet Pin It