Friday, October 07, 2011

7 Quick Takes: Post Steve Jobs Edition





--- 1 ---

(Photo credit: Johnathan Mak)
We walked by our Apple store this morning (a pilgrimage!) and saw all these bouquets of flowers just lying there.  Hello, Apple employees?  Put those in water or they'll just die.  Duh.  Maybe I'll go back later with some vases and look like a crazy old lady fixing up all the flowers.

There were also a lot of apples left there, including one with a bite taken out of it so it would look like the logo.  Mac users have always been the artsy type, you know.


--- 2 ---

Check out the photographer's name on that image up there.  Both his names are types of apples.  Coincidence?  I think not.

--- 3 ---

I haven't been blogging about my kids much because they just don't do anything amusing anymore.  I'm thinking the batteries ran out.  All they do is play and read and fight with each other.  What's up with that?

--- 4 ---

Of course, I bet they don't find me too amusing, either.

--- 5 ---

Larry is taking the 3 youngest camping early tomorrow until late Sunday.  I am supposed to get a month's worth of editing work done in that time.  I'll try to fit it in around all the sleeping-late, eating-chocolate, not-cleaning-house activities I have planned.  It will be like Rumspringa for SAHMs, but squeezed into 36 hours.


--- 6 ---

That image up there is the only decent one I could use.  Take it from me - don't bother Googling images for "Wild Moms" or "Wild Housewives" unless you are looking for something you wouldn't show your kids.

--- 7 ---

Jennifer, being way more computer-savvy than I, would definitely know better than to Google either of those terms.  For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!


[Wild Moms sign: phillyBurbs.com]

6 comments:

  1. I always thought we moms could use a Rumspringa of our own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Rumspringa for SAHMs" -- yes, that is what we all dream of... sleep and no one asking for anything! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rumspringa for SAHM's. Brilliant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Wild" anything in a Google search is bound to turn up something nasty.
    I cannot fathom leaving flowers by an Apple store. But we don't even have an Apple store here, so there you go. Well, we have actual apple stores that sell apples and cider and that sort of thing...you know...country people. sheesh.

    ReplyDelete