Friday, March 31, 2017

Most Emphatically NOT April Fools

I hate April Fools Day. But I have discussed that at length already, here and here and here. So we are just going to pretend it isn't happening this year.

In other positively scintillating news, I am sick with a stupid, stupid cold. It started on Wednesday, and all day I kept thinking, "It's not so bad. I'll drink orange juice. I'll kick this to the curb, no problem." By last night, though? I thought I was going to die.

Incidentally, it takes less than 48 hours for my house to fall apart around me. I can't even imagine what this place will look like when Susie and I return from our 2-week train trip. I picture the other family members wandering aimlessly through a trash-strewn house, foraging for food in a refrigerator filled with moldy leftovers. It will be like the Walking Dead, only messier.

You know what's fun about being a mom? Cleaning the bathroom when you're suffering with the cold from hell, because no one else even notices the dirt and you're too sick to order them around. Gosh, I LOVE being needed.

But, hey, right before I came down with the plague, I did manage to make those project bags out of the napkins I bought at World Market. Here are some really bad pictures I took at Knit Night, because I was giving them away and realized I didn't have a photo of them yet.


It's hard to see, but Susie and I bought fun-colored ribbons to make the drawstring at the top. I am, in a word, dumbfounded that I actually followed through on a project idea. Who knows? Maybe next month I'll finally get around to completing the braided rug that has been languishing on the rug loom I bought at Rhinebeck 1 1/2 years ago. Stranger things have happened.


I think the mustard and the orange soda set off that bag nicely, don't you? They give it a certain je ne sais quoi. Such a shame I never pursued that career in photography....







8 comments:

  1. Lovely project bags! Feel better soon---better to feel rotten now than on your train trip. Look at it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you're sick, but the bags look great, so congrats on them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You get pounded with the sick! So sorry you are suffering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bags look great! And I know just what you mean about projects that linger. She says while she looks over at afghan strips that need joining that have been in stash for approximately 20 years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are really cute! I hope you feel better soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bags are terrific! I had to laugh at your last comment, as I am the world's worst photographer. I never see the mess around what I am taking photos of until I'm reviewing them. And I haven't figured out how to use a photo editor with any success either.

    Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your project bags are adorable! Why don't I think of things like that?

    ReplyDelete
  8. YOU MADE BAGS! I just thought you bought the napkins to use for napkins. Silly me to underestimate your craftacularness.

    ReplyDelete