Friday, March 03, 2017

The 1980s Really Did Rock

Me? Just sitting here at the computer, Susie curled up behind me in the armchair in the den, coughing and languishing, both of us being regaled by the sound of "I Love Rock and Roll" wafting up from the basement. Before that, it was "I'll Stop the World and Melt With You."

Yes, our handyman and his radio are still here. The past two days, he has been joined by 2 very nice gentlemen from a local plumbing company, who are only too glad to earn lots of money moving all our pipes in the laundry room so that we can have the washer/dryer on a different wall. But, hey, we got a good deal on the new utility room sink, so there's that.

Floor model, 20% off!

But the reason I REALLY like the plumbers?  At one point yesterday, they were running the water in the kitchen sink, waiting for it to get hot. Waiting...and waiting...and waiting...until finally one of them turned to me and said, "What is UP with this thing?" When I told him our water heater woes, he said, "You have to flush the lines. That'll solve it."

Yeah, if I could figure out how to do that. Or if Larry would remove the items he shoved into the furnace closet when he emptied the laundry room, so that I could get the HVAC guy out here to do it. Anyway, it's nice to have an answer. And if anyone had told me a tankless water heater would be high maintenance, I wouldn't have bought one. We never had to think about our old-style water heater at all (well, except that time its thermocoupler up and quit).

I know one of you is going to comment and say it's really easy to flush the lines. I'll have you know I just looked it up on WikiHow, and believe me, this is NOT my skill set. Now, if I needed to yarn bomb my water heater, that would be right up my alley.




I'm signing off to the strains of  "White Wedding," so I'll share that with you.  You're welcome.





1 comment:

  1. Yes, the 80's were pretty cool...

    Good to know about the tankless water heater. Ours is the old fashioned kind and probably on it's last legs, so I'll keep that in mind when we replace ours.

    ReplyDelete