Thursday, January 18, 2018

Purse Snatching. Switching. Whatever.

Last night I cooked these One-Pot Paprika Chicken Thighs, which recipe involved lots of steps (well, more than 2, anyway) and ingredients I had to go out and buy (baby potatoes, mushrooms) and I was pretty darn proud of myself. I mean, A for effort, right? Also, it tasted pretty good.

So I was all set to come here today and tell you I had tried one of the chicken recipes you all had recommended in the comments to this post, so you wouldn't think I'd been wasting your time. Only I went back to see who had recommended this recipe and, um, no one did. I have no idea where I got that link. NONE.

Still, I highly recommend it. Sunday, I'll try one of the dishes you folks suggested. I PROMISE.

In other news, I told Susie about the stray sock incident at the dentist yesterday and she said, "Well, at least you didn't have your pants on backwards!" That kid has way too good a memory, is what I'm thinking. Also, she's right, that would have been worse.

Yes, the pants-backward thing really happened. I'm not proud of it, but there you are.

Some color to brighten up these gray winter days
In other other news, I did my mid-winter purse switch a few days ago, which means that I'm currently living in chaos. You see, an organized person would have emptied out the fall (dusky purple) purse completely and then transferred most of those items to the mid-winter (hot pink) purse, maybe throwing out the old ChikFilA receipts and the never-used Bed, Bath, And Beyond coupons.

I'm not an organized person.

Instead, I grabbed my wallet, credit card holder, pill holder (with my Excedrin Migraine in it), 2 pens, and a tube of Carmex and threw them in the new purse. Then I headed out to wherever I was going, enjoying the feel of a MUCH lighter purse on my shoulder. Of course, this means I'll spend the next 2 weeks pillaging the old purse for whatever I find myself missing.

So that's how I ended up at Knit Night yesterday evening with nary a tape measure or stitch marker in my bag. It was a little disconcerting, but I soldiered on. And when I got home? I took the tape measure and the little stitch marker box from the fall (dusky purple) purse and put them in the mid-winter (hot pink) purse. So, yeah, it's a system of sorts. Just not a very good one, I guess...


7 comments:

  1. Like ...... Every time you move you lose a quarter of your stuff. Which is why my boss made one of our co-workers move his office twice, shedding files both times, and then the best thing happened - he left our company - 100% mess reduction.

    Don't lose the car keys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lose them every single day. Brian gave me Tile, because he was tired of looking for them.

      Delete
  2. I like the hot pink purse winter cheer up purse idea. I have a sequinny one I may move to now. That Thai noodle bowl recipe I sent you- my sister's family and our family have it on heavy rotation so I hope it works for you. Don't skimp on the lime wedges at the end though. You need them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep intending to clean out my purse while I sit in the car during Irish dancing class. I've even considered jazzing things up and switching to a different purse. I cringe at the thought though, because I seem to have a similar system as you do. I end up at a store to return something and realize the receipt is in the old purse. Hate that. Anyway, I haven't been able to clean out my purse because I keep sleeping while the kids are in dancing. Last night I slept for an hour and 45 minutes. My car was running. In a parking lot. Then I came home and slept 8 hours. You would think all that sleep would help me ditch my week long headache, but this one is a hanger-on-er. Unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I actually fell asleep for 20 minutes with the car running this week, too! (I mean, I was parked, but still...) I've never, ever done that before.

      Delete
  4. Don't throw away Bed Bath & Beyond coupons- every store I've been to will let you use the expired ones!

    ReplyDelete