Sunday, November 11, 2007

Entering the Twilight Zone

Well, no one can accuse us of overstaying our welcome. We head back home this evening, and we are hoping that most of the children will sleep in the car for most of the ride back. Eternal optimists, we are.

We visited a county park today and climbed up a hill to see the ruins of a "castle" built by a successful industrialist at the beginning of the last century. Wanting to know more about the history of the place, Larry and I googled the name of the location when we got back to my parents' house. But the webpage dedicated to the site has a picture of a completely renovated castle, a renovation that was finished about 7 years ago and contains both an art museum and a library. It is definitely recognizable as being built up from the ruin we saw today, which makes me wonder what the heck is going on. We saw a ruin. I know we saw a ruin. Now I wonder why we didn't see mysterious little Dutchmen playing ninepins up there.

I'm spooked, can you tell? Read Rip van Winkle if you're confused.

Larry is getting a little irritated that he is trying to leave and I'm not. Bye for now!

4 comments:

  1. Yeah that would be a bit freaky. I hope the kids slept for you on the way home!! I love car rides and sleeping children!! Two great combos!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time Travel. What else can explain it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's just plain ol' weird.

    ReplyDelete