Wednesday, January 16, 2008

This And That, But Not Much

I lost 2 and a half pounds this week. Which means, that I can sit down to the computer to type without having to unsnap my pants. In my mind, that's progress.

My husband has left me for the week, and he forgot to take our resident rodents with him. He's coming back Friday evening so that we can spend a pleasant weekend watching him get over jet lag. Or, rather, the kids can. I'm outta here.

Susie can now say, "I need to poop, please give me a diaper." This amazing ability to articulate her toileting needs makes me suspect that there is no reason why she shouldn't be using the potty. Except she refuses to. She also refuses to stay in her bed all evening. She's on a little power trip that should only last, oh, 16 more years. There's nothing like being the baby of the family.

No funnies here tonight, I guess. Just wanted to say hi, and thank all the people who have been stopping by. Y'all come on back now, you hear? And in the meantime, stop by Derfwad Manor and see what's up over there. Make sure to check out Mrs. G's explanation to her daughter of why PC is better than Mac. I guarantee you haven't thought of it her way before.

16 comments:

  1. Nicholas is the same about the bed. He falls asleep there, because we can't get the boys to settle down in the same room. (This is a problem. I have no good solution.) I move him to his bed. A few hours later, he comes back in, bringing his own pillow, no less, and settles himself in. Our bed is more comfortable, he says. What am I going to do? I don't mind, so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go you with your weight loss! You've beat me already--I don't even own pants with snaps. Elastic all the way baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! Congrats on the 2 1/2 pounds! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the mention, and I wish you much strength this week. No husband can equal four sleeves of Oreos. I'm on the wagon as well, and I have almost convinced myself that celery is peanut brittle...the power of positive thinking. Hang tough!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, lost 2 pounds! Congrats. I am working my way back to the joy of less constricing waistbands. I have lost about 3 pounds to day. Yeah! Well, I agree. Susie is ready but the question is, are you?

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2.5 pounds is exactly 3.5 pounds more than I lost this week. Ack!

    Hope you survive the week OK!

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woo hoo...I lost two pounds myself. Amazing what you can do if you aren't mindlessly straightening and restraightening the edge of the brownies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 2 1/2 pounds!? That's awesome! Nothing like being able to sit down without having to unsnap the ole pants! Sounds like you are making progress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. mrs. g. - I do wish you hadn't mentioned Oreos. Now I want them. Badly.

    family adventure - It took me a few seconds to figure that out. I don't think my brain is awake yet. Who knew I could get showered, get dressed, make breakfast, and order the kids around without my brain even being awake?

    mary alice - Brownies...sigh...are you and mrs. g. trying to sabotage me?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your weightloss! That's awesome. My weigh in is today and I'm kinda thinking about skipping it to go buy new boots!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Every pound in the right direction is a major victory, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Way to go on the weight loss! I'm down 2 this week myself, and daydreaming about the cute clothes I'm gonna be able to wear again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I thought there were quite a few funnies!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well our resident cat left the head of a mouse on the front step this morning. I hate to think where he left the rest of the mouse.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome!! I just realized my jeans feel better today... and yesterday was my flex point bonanza for the week AND TOM started yesterday... woohoo! I haven't read long enough to know how old your baby is, but mine is 20 months and not anywhere near THINKING of PT, but my twins are 3 and 1/2 and still not potty trained!!! It's driving me CRAZY! I know they'll do it in their own time and I really don't care on one hand, but I'm about to have to take out a THIRD loan on our house to afford stinkin' diapers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Way to go on the 2lbs!!!! I am also trying to lose some weight and it is not easy with 3 regular eaters in the house. Good luck! BTW love the blog I will be back!Way to go on the 2lbs!!!! I am also trying to lose some weight and it is not easy with 3 regular eaters in the house. Good luck! BTW love the blog I will be back!

    ReplyDelete