It's time, folks, once again, for me to air my dirty leftovers in public. Let's just do a list this week, shall we?
- 4-qt pot containing less than a cup of baked beans. Please note large serving spoon sticking out of pot - heaven forbid someone should bother to wash it.
- almost empty bag of baby carrots shoved to the way back of the refrigerator - apparently, whoever was clearing the table one day decided to make sure that I wouldn't serve our vegetable of choice the next day at lunch
- unidentified food object wrapped in blue saran wrap - we'll have to send this one to the lab for identification
- hard-to-recognize dinner leftovers - it looks as though there are some bowtie noodles mixed in there, however
- green beans - circa the second Clinton administration, for all I know...
- diced tomatoes from a can - I must have needed just part of a can for some recipe and foolishly thought I should save the rest for future use. I'm a cockeyed optimist, that's what I am.
- leftover homemade pesto - I feel bad just looking at this, because David made it for us and it went to waste. Tell me, is there anything that won't make me feel mother guilt? Anything at all?
But we were left with a box of blue saran wrap that just won't quit. I've wrapped dozens of leftover egg sandwiches in it and I still have not reached the end of the roll. And every time I see it, I'm reminded of how much I do not want my teens to be involved in workcamp fundraising again this year.
And, hey, did anyone notice there were no leftover sandwiches this week? I chalk it up to Larry's being away again; I have been forced to restrict the children's calories for the sake of convenience.
And there should have been 2 bags of apple cores and peels in today's picture; but I lost my head this morning and threw them out prematurely. They were slated to be given to my livestock-burdened friend yesterday, but somehow that never happened. And now...now is too late, I'm afraid; her pigs are being "hauled" (as she so euphemistically puts it) tomorrow. I must say, she doesn't seem too broken up by the prospect.
Tweet Pin It