Friday, April 24, 2009

Bravo for Brassieres

Well! In case any of you felt I was exaggerating in this post of mine lamenting the difficulties of finding brassieres that don't include enough metal to qualify as engineering projects, check out this story on the BBC website. Its headline reads "Bullet Bounces Off US Woman's Bra". That woman wasn't me, but it sure could have been. At long last, I have found an upside to being too well-endowed.

*****************

We're heading up to Grandma and Grandpa's house for their birthday weekend. That means today will be spent doing laundry, packing, and trying to figure out a seating arrangement in the car that will keep people from killing each other. Oh, and baking a cake...and going to the bank...and working at the bookstore...

In fact, maybe I should get off this computer and get started. Have a good weekend, y'all!

*****************

Oh, wait! One more thing! One reader of this blog kindly sent me this video that gives instructions on how to use a rotary phone - talk about a blast from the past!






15 comments:

  1. That video is quite a find. I can't wait to share it with my kids.

    Have a good trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock the youtube search!

    Drive safe and sane...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have NEVER seen a video like that. Now I can show my kids what a rotary phone looks like. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. all of you . . . traveling together . . . in your brand new van?????!!!!!

    that's miles and miles of wrappers, spilled drinks, crumbs . . . oh, the horror??!!

    but, have fun with the grandparents!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rotary phones? Wow, that is a blast from the past!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great video, you notice they had to get a kid to do the new technology back then too (the adults were still trying to figure it out) I wish your new van as much luck staying clean on the trip as my new sofa had at the twins' birthday party. Oh, and a tip for keeping people from killing each other, don't bring knives. Just in case you forgot the obvious in all the flurry of packing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you think that a road trip with all those kids is a good idea?? Do you really like those gradparents THAT much!?

    I can't wait to read the post about the trip and the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My children are baffled by this concept of a "busy signal."

    ReplyDelete
  9. My children have no concept of a "busy signal." You know, where you would actually have to wait to talk to someone.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, I haven't thought of rotary phones in SO long! You rock!

    Funny, I just wrote a blog post about bras, too. A killer sports bra, to be exact.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it!! Now I can show that video to my son...

    Have a safe and fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Y'know, I just saying yesterday that even the "petite" bras don't have enough metal...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had to check out the bra deflects bullet story and imagine my surprise to learn that it happened in Detroit.

    The city located just THREE MILES from my house. I guess I need to buy an under wire bra immediately.

    And remember dialing zero. Man that one sucked it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How did the cake turn out? The one I made was "Awesome" according to the guests at my daughter's party.
    (Seriously, I must have heard that word 50 times)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome vid! It's so fun to see clips like this. I wish we had a time machine to film things further back.

    When we lived in Europe, I was constantly trying to figure out all the other tones and sounds they use to designate various status on their pay phones.

    Hope you had a fun trip, SC.

    ReplyDelete