Wednesday, December 14, 2011

God Rest Ye, Merry Knitters...

Tonight I scored a sock monkey tree ornament, a snowman cookie plate, and 2 skeins of Happy Feet sock yarn from the Plymouth Sock Company, all from the Yankee Swap gift exchange at my knitting group's annual Christmas party.  Beats my usual evening of editing documents until my eyes fall out, you know?

This is awesome yarn.  Just look at those colors!
And by this time tomorrow, my felted Lopi tote nightmare might just be over.  A Lopi tote Christmas seemed like such a fun idea back in October, didn't it?  That's because in October, December seems VERY FAR AWAY.  But it isn't.  It lies in wait just behind Halloween, laughing at my ambitious knitterly plans.

I swear, I can't even remember November.  Did it happen this year?

6 comments:

  1. Will you post pictures of your totes? I'd love to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great haul from a swap. Don't panic--you have a good week and a half left...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those yard colors! Who will be the lucky sock recipient?
    I made my Christmas crafting plans in November. Last night I decided that creativity retreats are NOT the best time to make those decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see the finished result on the Lopi totes. I think I have a few partial skeins left over and if yours turn out well, I might be inspired.

    November was a blurrrr...you didn't miss it at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dunno. All I know is that my Amazon Shopping Days end on Sunday midnight. After that, I actually have to visit a STORE. Eesh.

    ReplyDelete