Sunday, April 07, 2013

In Flagrante Delicto

The 3 youngest kids and I pretended it was spring and took a walk to the bagel shop this morning.  I dressed in my FitFlops, a ski jacket, and a scarf.  I cannot take having my feet squished into shoes ONE MORE DAY.  So we were walking along, with myself looking fairly ridiculous, when Susie decided to strike up a conversation with me.

"I saw 2 squirrels on the deck this morning, wrestling like kittens!" she announced.

"Really?" I said. "Well, that's cute."

"Yes, it was really funny!  And then one of the squirrels?  He climbed up on the other one's back, from behind, like he was playing horsey!"

Uh-oh...

"Well," I said, "isn't that something!"

But Susie wasn't done.  "Yes! And the other squirrel?  The one underneath?  He started hopping - up and down!  Up and down!  Up and down!"  Here she stopped to giggle.  "He looked so silly!"

Oh, honey, if you think THAT looks silly...


9 comments:

  1. Priceless. Absolutely priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing the lions at the zoo were in different areas....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Kids are so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that's wonderful. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so silly and priceless.
    We must be related, my feet want go be free.....


    ReplyDelete
  6. lol. Too funny. My daughter told me the other day that the flies were "wrestling" like the bumble bees do in summer.

    So, you wear fit-flops? Do you love em?? I have a funny story about fit-flops.
    http://thedomesticfringe.com/fit-flops/

    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Choking with laughter in my oatmeal here. Oh, how I've missed reading your posts. Can you come on vacation with me next time?
    It was warm in Arizona. My toes hardly knew what to do!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear! Looks like you may be having the squirrels and the nuts conversation very soon! Or maybe it's the birds and the bees. I always get those confused!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute. When my daughter - when she was a bit older than Susie - was trying to figure out the sex bit she asked if it was like the lions on Discovery Channel. A real conversation opener!

    ReplyDelete